Y-coach.com - Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Click_Clack79

Trick Plays

I coach a Jr. Pee-wee team with pop warner, we are 1-4. we have been in all of our games except for the one we played today, 19-0 inthe first 13 minutes of the game. So since we have 0 chance of going to the playoffs or anything i now want to try and and have some fun to get these kids back for next year. So if anyone has any trick plays that they would be willing to share please do!

-Coach Brett

I coach a Jr. Pee-wee team with pop warner, we are 1-4. we have been in all of our games except for the one we played today, 19-0 inthe first 13 minutes of the game. So since we have 0 chance of going to the playoffs or anything i now want to try and and have some fun to get these kids back for next year. So if anyone has any trick plays that they would be willing to share please do!

-Coach Brett

coach have two nice plays you can run if you have two kids that can throw the ball first play is run trips to the right te left single back line the trips up like a wishbone throw the ball to the inside back wr of the trips have the front guy delay for a sec. then run a fly and throw to him we are one for one with this play rember not to line you trips to far out so the play can be ran quickly

the other play is very similar line up in the i form send the fb to the two hole send the tb around end to the 7 hole between the cb and olb straight down the field have twins two the right stack one wr about two yards behind the other as soon as the ball is snaped throw to your wr and have him take a couple of steps back and hit the tb out of the back feild later coach randy

Not really a trick play, but fun... use a variation of trips. Instead of a SE and two WRs, use the SE, OT, and WR. The OT isn't eligible to receive, but often youth teams don't realize it and shift their coverage over to cover all three guys. If they shift, throw to the TE on the other side. If they don't shift, throw to the WR and let the OT and SE block. It needs to be a quick pass to work. Last year, we ran this for a touchdown every time the pass was complete (a few times, the pass was incomplete, which is bad, because it's usually backwards to the WR).

Not really a trick play, but fun... use a variation of trips. Instead of a SE and two WRs, use the SE, OT, and WR. The OT isn't eligible to receive, but often youth teams don't realize it and shift their coverage over to cover all three guys. If they shift, throw to the TE on the other side. If they don't shift, throw to the WR and let the OT and SE block. It needs to be a quick pass to work. Last year, we ran this for a touchdown every time the pass was complete (a few times, the pass was incomplete, which is bad, because it's usually backwards to the WR).

Kinda funny, that is one of our plays....exactly the way you ran it. I slide out my power tackle with one back and my wing and throw to my back.....It went for a fumble and a loss this weekend the one time we used it. I switch my trips around alot. It keeps them guessing.....Thanks.

Ed :)