Y-coach.com - Forum
Orange

Youth Flag Football

I am watching my Alma Mater North Carolina on ESPN this morning and they just ran Blue Ghost for a Touchdown to go 27-0 against Miami!
I'm pretty sure Butch Davis is a regular vistor to this thread. ;)

How about my Rockies?

B) MUCH better today! Still got creamed (once again my 9 yr olds played a bunch of 11 yr olds on HGH), but we finally moved the ball and scored. I think they're starting to get the quick hit, misdirection nature of the offense. Truthfully, the only turnovers were when my stubborn QBs didn't throw to the short receiver they were supposed to and tried to chuck it up long. Still, the boys had so much more fun today it was great to see. We need to REALLY work on flag pulling against bigger kids.

Question: what program do you guys use to draw up your plays, and how do you share them online? I'm no computer whiz but I have a bunch of plays that have worked that I'd love to share. Thanks.

Coach Kap,

We would love to share them with the other coaches here. If you want to send them to me I will be glad to post them for all the other coaches. Word or PDF would be great.

You can send them to noah0295@yahoo.com.

In Christ,

Schann Holladay

www.y-coach.com

One thing that we have done in the last few weeks is video our games. It really is amazing what you dont see in the heat of the game - running routes, defensive reactions, etc. I first tried to play it back for the kids at practice but it doesnt really work. It has helped me a lot.

One of the side benefits is that I have a clip of my daughters scoring off a modified Green Ghost play. HEre is the link -

We have this weekend and then the playoffs are next weekend. We are the best team but cant seem to beat one of the teams with a SUPER STAR. He makes everyone else look like slo-mo.

Thanks again for the help everyone!

One thing that we have done in the last few weeks is video our games. It really is amazing what you dont see in the heat of the game - running routes, defensive reactions, etc. I first tried to play it back for the kids at practice but it doesnt really work. It has helped me a lot.

One of the side benefits is that I have a clip of my daughters scoring off a modified Green Ghost play. HEre is the link -

We have this weekend and then the playoffs are next weekend. We are the best team but cant seem to beat one of the teams with a SUPER STAR. He makes everyone else look like slo-mo.

Thanks again for the help everyone!

Very cool, I'd like to see more of the game. Where do you play? That looks like astroturf, is it?

Well we finished up the regular season and our team finished an even 5-5, but I must point out we lost 3 games by 8 points or less! Playoffs have started and its a double elimination bracket style play. We're seeded 8th of 14 teams.

Anyhow, just wanted to chime in that I totally revamped my offense a couple weeks ago and it has worked Fantastic! We run an option style offense where I set up in the shotgun, I have a player recieve the snap (acts as QB calling out hike) and I also line one player next to him either to the left or right (like a RB). Looks like this......

O center

'

'

O-O

In our league QB cannot run the ball, only on handoffs can a player run. So what I do is, once my guy recieves the snap he hands off immediatley to the player to his left/right. From that moment our play gets run. Essentially the player who recieves the handoff is my QB, BUT my QB NOW has the option of running or throwig the ball which has been Terrific! I still run short dumps and drags and its worked great. It works really well because the defense still will expect pass, my QB can buy time back there and BOOM take off for a big gain of yards when lanes open up. The defense gets confused weather my guy will run it or throw it, keeps them on their heels! Obviously for this to work your QB has to be savy enough and have some agility to aviod rushers. Just thought I would throw that out there for you coaches.... something to think about, but this offense has led to much more points scored for us and success!!!

Well we finished up the regular season and our team finished an even 5-5, but I must point out we lost 3 games by 8 points or less! Playoffs have started and its a double elimination bracket style play. We're seeded 8th of 14 teams.

Anyhow, just wanted to chime in that I totally revamped my offense a couple weeks ago and it has worked Fantastic! We run an option style offense where I set up in the shotgun, I have a player recieve the snap (acts as QB calling out hike) and I also line one player next to him either to the left or right (like a RB). Looks like this......

O center

'

'

O-O

In our league QB cannot run the ball, only on handoffs can a player run. So what I do is, once my guy recieves the snap he hands off immediatley to the player to his left/right. From that moment our play gets run. Essentially the player who recieves the handoff is my QB, BUT my QB NOW has the option of running or throwig the ball which has been Terrific! I still run short dumps and drags and its worked great. It works really well because the defense still will expect pass, my QB can buy time back there and BOOM take off for a big gain of yards when lanes open up. The defense gets confused weather my guy will run it or throw it, keeps them on their heels! Obviously for this to work your QB has to be savy enough and have some agility to aviod rushers. Just thought I would throw that out there for you coaches.... something to think about, but this offense has led to much more points scored for us and success!!!

I'm very interested to hear more about this. I conceptualized this offense over a year ago but never implemented it because last year we played in a no rush league ( so our qb had no pressure). I had my son and another kid from the team practicing it on the beach this past summer. I like them running an option immediately after the handoff but I think that can get complicated.

In our league the defense can rush immediately when there is a handoff AND they can go right from the line of scrimmage. Does this happen or do the defense end up getting confused? Do pass plays work off of this and if so which ones? I assume you mostly get your qb running which is very dangerous if he is a good one. Elaborate if you will please.

O center

'

'

O-O

I'm very interested to hear more about this. I conceptualized this offense over a year ago but never implemented it because last year we played in a no rush league ( so our qb had no pressure). I had my son and another kid from the team practicing it on the beach this past summer. I like them running an option immediately after the handoff but I think that can get complicated.

In our league the defense can rush immediately when there is a handoff AND they can go right from the line of scrimmage. Does this happen or do the defense end up getting confused? Do pass plays work off of this and if so which ones? I assume you mostly get your qb running which is very dangerous if he is a good one. Elaborate if you will please.

In our league a rusher has to line up 7 yards off the Line, however when a handoff happens anybody can now rush in. So this is what started happening once a team saw the offense we were running. They would line up one of their best defenders right over the center and BOOM once we made our handoff that kid came rushing in quick! At first this totally confused my QB. What I did to counteract that was have my center take 1 step and turn around for a short dump and just about every play I had my quickest kid line up in the slot position to the left or right, but close to the center maybe about 4-5 yards away and he would take about 2 steps and turn around. My QB had 2 options for the dump off when that rusher came in. The key was for my QB to get the ball out of his hands quick. Every team in our league plays zone, so this short quick dump off was open. Sometimes it would gain like only 5 yards, but on occasions missed flag pulls would happen (especially when my quick kid got it) and BOOM it was a big gain for 20 yards or so. Again the key for it to work is your QB being savy enough to understand whats happening, getting the ball out of his/her hands quick and have some agility. There were times where my QB would get totally flustered with the rusher, sometimes taking the sack, but more often he either made the throw or there was times he would take off for a QB sweep run to the left or right and get some yards. I started simulating this scenerio in practice with the defender lined up over the center and rushing in and with reps my QB got more and more comfortable against it.

After we started picking up yardage and moving the ball, the defense eventually would fake the rush with their defender over center and he would drop back into a short zone between my slot WR and Center. I always had an alternate route planned for those two guys if that happened. For instance, my center might take a step turn around and my slot WR take 2 steps turn around in anticipation for the short dump off, but if they see that the kid didnt rush in and instead stayed back to defend the pass and particularly guard them they were instructed to break off and run a route. For example I might have my center run a drag to the right and my slot WR would turn and run up field about 5-6 yards for a curl. A lot of times my kid who initially took the snap and handed it off would run a curl in the middle about 3-4 yards for a possible dump off too.

As far as which pass plays would work, it depended on what the defense was giving us. Like above if they were sending rushers right from the LOS, you need to set up quick dump off passes cause your QB wont have much time for your WRs to run routes. I know it sounds kind of "vanilla" and maybe boring for short dump offs and maybe your thinking whats the point of the option if the QB doesnt have time to throw or run, BUT if you practiced it enough and set the right kids in place to execute it, it works. Eventually they would keep the rusher back and once that rusher wasnt coming in, I would run a lot of center/slot drag routes and curl routes right in the middle of the field for 5-7 yards were great! If your QB has a strong arm and can throw it far, these short dumps and passes to the middle would set up a nice chance to send a WR streaking up the sideline for a bomb too. I would only use half the field with my QB. Usually was always the right side (right handed). I tried to give him 2 options for the pass and it was his job to read and react. If nothing was there, take off and run! And you are right, the QB runs were the bread and butter because it gained 10-15 yards a pop and a lot of times much more! The defense would fall back into defend the pass mode and BOOM my QB was scrambling before they knew it. So yes it confused the defense in that sense because these kids had to watch for my QB running or throwing and thats when it really gets clicking. But you have to offset the quick rusher from the LOS and utilize the short dumps to get it going.

I also would direct snap to my QB too in the shotgun and run pass plays especially in no run zones and I still had my QB take snaps under center as well. I tried and switch things up as much as possible to keep the other coaches guessing. It can be complicated, but the key for this to work is your QB being athletic enough to pull it off. My QB was quick enough MOST of the time to aviod rushers and scramble around buying time. He also had a good arm and could deliver passes and he just was savy enough to understand the game to an extent. Dont get me wrong, he got sacked some plays too by trying to do to much, lol. If your QB can handle it, the other kids will be fine. Another key is coaching getting the ball out of the hands quick, especially on those short dump offs with rushers rushing in his face. And always have one of your quicker kids staying short as a "saftey valve" for the dump off.

Sorry post was so long, but I hope you understand what I am trying to explain...... any more questions just ask away!

One of my concepts was to line them up together in the backfield exactly as you did. Let's say the qb takes the snap and hands it to the rb on his right. Now the rb begins running left with the original qb split left and a little offset for the option. The rb runs until the defender is on him then pitches it left or fakes the pitch and runs himself. I really love the old option run, I was wondering if you tried it or had any thoughts.

One of my concepts was to line them up together in the backfield exactly as you did. Let's say the qb takes the snap and hands it to the rb on his right. Now the rb begins running left with the original qb split left and a little offset for the option. The rb runs until the defender is on him then pitches it left or fakes the pitch and runs himself. I really love the old option run, I was wondering if you tried it or had any thoughts.

I would definitley love to run that, BUT in our league you cannot pitch the ball. So I cant attempt that play. I bet it would work great if you get 2 kids in tandem really practicing it and perfecting it though if your allowed to pitch! I thought about trying a version of the option like you described but obviously it would be a handoff instead of a pitch to the RB. I never tried it though as I assume it wouldnt work because there is no spacing between QB and RB and flag pull would be easy. :/

I would definitley love to run that, BUT in our league you cannot pitch the ball. So I cant attempt that play. I bet it would work great if you get 2 kids in tandem really practicing it and perfecting it though if your allowed to pitch! I thought about trying a version of the option like you described but obviously it would be a handoff instead of a pitch to the RB. I never tried it though as I assume it wouldnt work because there is no spacing between QB and RB and flag pull would be easy. :/

Your alternative to that play would be to pass it instead of pitch it. The option player would have to be slightly ahead and they'd only be able to do it behind the line of scrimmage. It's probably too complicated I guess.

Question for anyone who coached in a 5-on-5 league with a rusher. What is the best defensive alignment you ran?

We basically ran 2 different defensive alignments. The first set and how we started was running a 4-1. I had my corners and my 2 kids in the middle 7 yards back at our "rush line". I then had a saftey lined up about 9 yards back playing the middle. We instructed our kids to be aggresive and come up almost to the line once the ball was snapped. So if it was a handoff our guys were attacking, but if it was a pass play our guys then would drop back into zone coverage immediatley. We ALWAYS sent a rusher every play. Noticed I said always! 95% of the time our rusher came from the middle, though at times we sent a corner blitz to shake things up. This alignment worked well for our team because I found it gave our kids time to react to handoffs and maybe see the field better. Lots of times short dump passes were open, but if your kids were good flag pullers nothing would come of it. The key was having a good reliable saftey just in case a kid slides through the cracks!!

Another set we started trying later in the year and it was succesful was a 1-3-1. I kinda explained it to you a little in a private message orange, but it was a set where we would have 1 kid line up over center, then the 3 would be our two corners and MLB at 7yards, then 1 at saftey about 9 yards out. Your player who you have lined up over center had to be one of your better flag pullers and quicker ones. His job was to read all end arounds and handoffs, then get in there and get the flag or disrupt the ball carrier by slowing him up enough for teammates to get him. If it was a pass, he had to be able to drop back and cover the middle of the field. Our MLB usually was the guy who was sent to rush, however at times we wouldnt rush a kid from this set.

Thats a lot of what we would do... interested to see how other coaches ran their defenses though....

Usually ran a 2 1 2 defense, with 2 safeties, 1 rusher (7yds out) and 2 about a few yards off the line. The safeties and 2 closest to the los were spread out. Like Vegas, we sent a rusher 95% of the time, that pressure definitely helps.

Occasionally we'd send 2 rushers which worked 50% of the time for a sack and 50% on a big gain for the other team. It was a gamble, but I had to keep it fun. For this we'd run a 3 2 defense, the 3 were 7 yds back. Upon the snap, the 2 close to the los would pull back ASAP to a safety position, then we'd send 2 of the 3 from 7 yards back as rushers (usually the 2 on the outside and leave the middle as another safety).

Biggest problem with the 2 1 2 is the middle. Teams would start to dink over the middle on us, so we'd always tell our rusher to have their hands up. In retrospect, I'd make one of the safeties responsible for the middle dink if possible. One tactic we tried every once in a while was sending the rusher on 1st and 2nd down, then sending them on 3rd, but telling them to cover the dink over the middle. It's a guessing game, but we figured coaches would see us rush twice and figure we were coming again. It worked 50% of the time, the other 50% we'd get burned on a long pass. Better to send the rusher most of the time imo.

CRob

I've recently learned that I was playing in a bizzaro world. My team played in a Y league with no rusher and 6-on-6*. We're preparing for a 5-on-5 tournament and league with rushers like the majority of leagues operate. All my plays are leisurely in the length of time they develop. With a rusher you have like 2 seconds and have to get down to business immediately. It wasn't unexpected really, I knew there would be a difference. But I ran my first practice and scrimmage and I was shocked at actually how fast we could get a rusher in there. I then watched a game in the league we're going to play the tournament and it confirmed my thoughts. Overall though it just reconfirmed my commitment to my old philosophy: Maximize the number of times my guys are moving with the football towards the other goal at a high rate of speed. That's it really. Dropped handoffs, passes and moving slowing and/ or laterally are all counterproductive to this endeavor. I'm still going with the runs, end arounds, drags and short passes. I just have to decrease the time in which they are executed. That means new plays or modified anyway. I'll see how they work and maybe post my new ones.

* So if you look at my plays, know that they won't work for most leagues.

I had my team in a weekend tournament this past weekend. Here's what happened:

Most of the teams in the tournament came from various I-9 leagues around north and central Florida. Some came from further away. They were mostly champions of their leagues or all-star type teams put together. And they were all coming off having played in the fall for the past few months.

We faced some challenges. One, we hadn't played a game in 9 months. Two, we only had 3 practices. And three, we never played with a rusher. With that in mind, here's what happened:

Day 1, pool play:

First game we played the local I-9 regular season champs. They were very good and went up 13-0 on us. We looked like we could be routed but our boys fought back. We score then they scored, again and again. We had trouble playing defense as we showed our rust big time. They were up 27-20 with a few minutes left when we picked off a pass in the end zone. We were driving at mid-field before the clock ran out on us. That was a good, welcome back to football game.

Next two games we faced teams from Jacksonville and Tampa in our pool. We played much better and I had watched them play each other earlier so I had a good idea how to adjust. Game 2 we easily controlled the Tampa team and won 27-6. They bunched their players up in the middle and tried to run every play. The Jax team was the weakest in our pool and we beat them 36-0. They tried to drop back and pass a lot and our rushers relentlessly sacked them over and over. We got two safeties on them.

Day 2 Single Elimination:

We got the #5 seed (out of 8) and played the #4 seed. A cold front had come in and there was a strong 20+ mph wind. We faced the wind in the first half (I purposely chose that side). We managed to hold the other team scoreless even though they drove on us fairly well throwing the ball. I refused to throw it far and was ready to wait for the second half. We threw a quick pass to a wideout who ran the length of the field. From there we went up 7-0 at the half. In the second half we dominated. They faced the wind and could not connect on long passes. We scored several more times and won 27-6.

Next in the semi-final, we faced the #1 seed from Tampa who only gave up 1 touchdown in all games previously. They were a tough team, with very fast players each and every one of them. They basically ran end arounds, handoffs and reverses. They had 5-6 kids who could plain fly. They scored with ease and their defense was smothering. Down 12-0 I got a little desperate and we threw a long pass into the wind which was picked off. We went down 18-0 at the half. The second half we did better stopping them on offense but we threw more picks as we tried to comeback. They beat us 30-6. Our consolation was a late td and not allowing them any extra points.

Overall it was a great experience and a good warm up for our regular season.

I had my team in a weekend tournament this past weekend. Here's what happened:

Most of the teams in the tournament came from various I-9 leagues around north and central Florida. Some came from further away. They were mostly champions of their leagues or all-star type teams put together. And they were all coming off having played in the fall for the past few months.

We faced some challenges. One, we hadn't played a game in 9 months. Two, we only had 3 practices. And three, we never played with a rusher. With that in mind, here's what happened:

Day 1, pool play:

First game we played the local I-9 regular season champs. They were very good and went up 13-0 on us. We looked like we could be routed but our boys fought back. We score then they scored, again and again. We had trouble playing defense as we showed our rust big time. They were up 27-20 with a few minutes left when we picked off a pass in the end zone. We were driving at mid-field before the clock ran out on us. That was a good, welcome back to football game.

Next two games we faced teams from Jacksonville and Tampa in our pool. We played much better and I had watched them play each other earlier so I had a good idea how to adjust. Game 2 we easily controlled the Tampa team and won 27-6. They bunched their players up in the middle and tried to run every play. The Jax team was the weakest in our pool and we beat them 36-0. They tried to drop back and pass a lot and our rushers relentlessly sacked them over and over. We got two safeties on them.

Day 2 Single Elimination:

We got the #5 seed (out of 8) and played the #4 seed. A cold front had come in and there was a strong 20+ mph wind. We faced the wind in the first half (I purposely chose that side). We managed to hold the other team scoreless even though they drove on us fairly well throwing the ball. I refused to throw it far and was ready to wait for the second half. We threw a quick pass to a wideout who ran the length of the field. From there we went up 7-0 at the half. In the second half we dominated. They faced the wind and could not connect on long passes. We scored several more times and won 27-6.

Next in the semi-final, we faced the #1 seed from Tampa who only gave up 1 touchdown in all games previously. They were a tough team, with very fast players each and every one of them. They basically ran end arounds, handoffs and reverses. They had 5-6 kids who could plain fly. They scored with ease and their defense was smothering. Down 12-0 I got a little desperate and we threw a long pass into the wind which was picked off. We went down 18-0 at the half. The second half we did better stopping them on offense but we threw more picks as we tried to comeback. They beat us 30-6. Our consolation was a late td and not allowing them any extra points.

Overall it was a great experience and a good warm up for our regular season.

Will the plays you posted work in a 5 on 5 format?

I should put a huge disclaimer on my plays. They were created specifically for my league which has a big rule difference. The difference is that there is no rusher. It seems like that's almost unheard of as every other league allows a rusher. I played my team in a tournament that allowed rushers and I had to rewrite most of my plays. I should post them. The 5-on-5 versus 6-on-6 shouldn't matter though, it's the rusher that makes the big difference.

I should put a huge disclaimer on my plays. They were created specifically for my league which has a big rule difference. The difference is that there is no rusher. It seems like that's almost unheard of as every other league allows a rusher. I played my team in a tournament that allowed rushers and I had to rewrite most of my plays. I should post them. The 5-on-5 versus 6-on-6 shouldn't matter though, it's the rusher that makes the big difference.

Well, we are now 4-0 and I want to say "Thanks" for all the helpful information that has been posted on this board. It has been extremely useful since this is my first time coaching. I have used your plays mostly and have added tweaks to them for my guys to use. The end around is the money maker since I have this little guy that can really move. Then we do fakes off of the end around since these young guys really seem to bite on them. How's your winter league going?

Well, we are now 4-0 and I want to say "Thanks" for all the helpful information that has been posted on this board. It has been extremely useful since this is my first time coaching. I have used your plays mostly and have added tweaks to them for my guys to use. The end around is the money maker since I have this little guy that can really move. Then we do fakes off of the end around since these young guys really seem to bite on them. How's your winter league going?

The winter league is going well. We adjusted to the new rules which in my opinion really slowed the game down. Mainly no rusher and the qb can take as long as he wants to throw. We got a good head start since we played in the tournament in December. Actually, our last two games have not even been close which says two things to me. 1) We're really getting good. 2) The other teams in our Y league are not very good. I find that I'm having to run really long and hard scrimmages to get my kids a good level of competition (we're our own best competition). We're not an old team and we don't have all exceptional athletes (we have a few), it's more that they have been playing under my system for three seasons now and they're good at running it. Next year we're going to switch to the 10 & Under fall or winter league with I-9 as they seem to be more competitive. Also, my team will be all 9 year olds and a couple of 8 year olds so we'll be playing some older teams.

I've really been focusing on catching the ball correctly this season and some defensive techniques. Also, I have said that if my players come up with decent plays I'll run them during the games. Here are two kid plays that have worked pretty well.

1) The statue of liberty. Nothing new here but I never added to my playbook since it seemed gimmicky and I avoid gimmicky plays. We run it out of our no-back set. The slot receiver on the right comes quickly and takes the ball out of the qbs hand which is cocked back and ready to throw. Not sure how a rusher would react to it. We've run it 3 times in our last game and it worked each time (of course we overmatched the other team).

2) Shotgun handoff center drag. This one is a variation of my center drag. The qb takes the snap in shotgun and hands off to the running back who is standing next to him. The running back runs at an angle towards and down the los and is a threat to run. Actually I tell them to run if there is space. If not the center is running a drag route although deeper than my normal center drag to the same side. He usually is wide open.

Orange -

Glad to hear things are rolling along for you. Sounds like you're headed in the right direction (I-9) for a more competitive bent. You know having played in the I-9 tourney, that having a rush definitely adds a huge dynamic to the game. I'm not surprised that your team is doing well, you've been at this for several seasons now and helped our team out tremendously last year.

We're in our 2nd season of 3rd/4th grade b-ball which has been quite the transistion year for us. The kids are actually starting to look like they're playing basketball and not some version of street ball. Our team has a core group of 6-7 kids who've played soccer, basketball and football together since kindergarden/1st grade. We'll probably opt for I-9 flag football in the spring again. I'm a big believer in mixing up the sports at this age; the different skill sets transfer from one sport to the next and I see the improvement with each new season we play no matter which sport it is. It also helps when coaching as I can refer back to the previous sport..."Remember when we worked on...? This is the same concept..." etc...

Keep us posted on your football season.

CRob

Here's something cool we did last week. I spent the first five minutes or so of practice teaching them about the history of football (very brief). I told them that in the old days you would have to kneel down and touch the ball "down" in the endzone to score a td. I asked them to try doing it for me during the last game, sort of like a salute to the players of the past and our own special way of discreetly celebrating a td. They did it every time we scored and it was kind of cool to watch and very respectful.

I also asked them to research something from footballs past and briefly present it to the team at practice. Some of them did multiple pages but they all had fun with it. I was impressed at how into it they were, kind of like fun homework. Most chose a player but one chose the 1972 Dolphins (that's what we call ourselves as the modern Dolphins just aren't very good) and one chose a play.

Hey Orange, get this. I was watching a team we play this past week and they were running plays that we ran against them. The end arounds and fakes end arounds and such. Kinda cracked me up. We play them again tomorrow morning, should be interesting. We actually have a double header tomorrow, a game at 9:00 and then another at 10:00. I started working last night in practice on what would essentially be the half back option but with the slot receiver and since they bite on that play so much the receiver is generally wide open down field, usually to the point where it'd be an easy touchdown if the guy can get him the ball. We run the end around from right to left but since the guys are right handed it almost seems to make more sense to run it from left to right. Cant wait to play these guys tomorrow since if we beat them we pretty much have the division locked up with 3 games to go.

Hey Orange, get this. I was watching a team we play this past week and they were running plays that we ran against them. The end arounds and fakes end arounds and such. Kinda cracked me up. We play them again tomorrow morning, should be interesting. We actually have a double header tomorrow, a game at 9:00 and then another at 10:00. I started working last night in practice on what would essentially be the half back option but with the slot receiver and since they bite on that play so much the receiver is generally wide open down field, usually to the point where it'd be an easy touchdown if the guy can get him the ball. We run the end around from right to left but since the guys are right handed it almost seems to make more sense to run it from left to right. Cant wait to play these guys tomorrow since if we beat them we pretty much have the division locked up with 3 games to go.

As they say, imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Our league had a "scrimmage" the first week which was essentially a half game with some rule changes. Our week 1 game was against the same team we played in the scrimmage. Between the scrimmage and game 1 they changed their defense to the same one we run, and copied many of our offensive plays. The coach even said they were doing it. We still beat them but they were far more competitive running our system.

Good luck tomorrow. We have a double header also, 8:30am and 4:30pm. Go figure.