Y-coach.com - Forum
tomrogers

Nine Player Plays Needed

I can't find any nine player plays anywhere. New first year coach here. I can find 7 and 8 player plays on here but then I would have to draw them all out. Just found out I was head coach yesterday and need some plays for practice today and am scrambling around at work. Just want to print some out and tell the guys to follow the areas.

Also, says 6 players on the line. How would I space them out. 4 guys near the line, 2 WR?

And defense for a 9 player league. 4-4-1 I was thinking right off. Let me know your thoughts guys. Thanks. Tom here

I can't find any nine player plays anywhere. New first year coach here. I can find 7 and 8 player plays on here but then I would have to draw them all out. Just found out I was head coach yesterday and need some plays for practice today and am scrambling around at work. Just want to print some out and tell the guys to follow the areas.

Also, says 6 players on the line. How would I space them out. 4 guys near the line, 2 WR?

And defense for a 9 player league. 4-4-1 I was thinking right off. Let me know your thoughts guys. Thanks. Tom here

There are some 5 v 5 playbooks from coach rob that are great. I used them as a base and just added 4 other players. (2 backs 2 lineman)

Tom, nine man football is rare, a few youth leauges have it because of numbers or whatever, there are only three states that have 9-man football in high school , North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota.

Most other small town football in america is 8-man or 6-man. I played and coached 9-man here in North Dakota.

Having 6 men on the line of scrimmage is odd though in 9-man normally you must have at least 5 on the LOS just liKe in 11-man you must have 7, so six is odd but no big deal, think of it as a double tight and a split end in 11-man.

9-man is a very easy transition from any 11-man offense, all you are missing is the Tackles on offense. You can take any 11-man playbook scratch the tackles and you have an offense. In 9-man most teams run a double tight, but everything else is identical.

Defense is a little more tricky depending on what defense you run. I like a four man front in 9-man. A 42 defense is sound, with two DT's, two stand up DE's, A Mike and a Will backer, Two corners and a saftey.

If you can blitz, I would run a 33 stack in 9-man. If I ever coached 9-man again I would run the 33 stack. With a nose, two down de's three stacked LB's on the heels of the D-linemen. two corners and a safty.

good luck

Tom, nine man football is rare, a few youth leauges have it because of numbers or whatever, there are only three states that have 9-man football in high school , North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota.

Most other small town football in america is 8-man or 6-man. I played and coached 9-man here in North Dakota.

Having 6 men on the line of scrimmage is odd though in 9-man normally you must have at least 5 on the LOS just line in 11-man you must have 7, so six is odd but no big deal, think of it as a double tight and a split end in 11-man.

9-man is a very easy transition from any 11-man offense, all you are missing is the Tackles on offense. You can take any 11-man playbook scratch the tackles and you have an offense. In 9-man most teams run a double tight, but everything else is identical.

Defense is a little more tricky depending on what defense you run. I like a four man front in 9-man. A 42 defense is sound, with two DT's, two stand up DE's, A Mike and a Will backer, Two corners and a saftey.

If you can blitz, I would run a 33 stack in 9-man. If I ever coached 9-man again I would run the 33 stack. With a nose, two down de's three stacked LB's on the heels of the D-linemen. two corners and a safty.

good luck