Coaching Youth Fooball - Football Plays
wild man

The Little League Draft

3 posts in this topic

I have coached about 10 years now and the draft for the up coming season will be upon us soon. I have always had a pretty good team but decided to ask 40 year vetran advice for the draft. Here are his words of wisdom exatcly as said: "Its simple you draft the best pitcher first If you dont get him draft the one with the best looking mother"

I have coached about 10 years now and the draft for the up coming season will be upon us soon. I have always had a pretty good team but decided to ask 40 year vetran advice for the draft. Here are his words of wisdom exatcly as said: "Its simple you draft the best pitcher first If you dont get him draft the one with the best looking mother"

Thats how we pick our bottom picks. :)

Its like an unwritten rule

You guys are funny. But seriously, I always drated the best pitcher(s) first because the ones that don't start that day are usually your SS/1B. We used to joke about drafting the ones with the best looking mothers. One thing I learned after 20 years, and this may sound mean and certainly is not always true, I stopped drafting kids with single mothers. I REPEAT, this is not always the case, but I've had more trouble from singles mothers over the years than everyone else combined.