Y-coach.com - Forum
Bobbywonkenobe

Free Excel Statistics Workbook

Capturing the statistics of actions during a game can provide the coach with a tool to identify the strengths and weaknesses of individual players and the team. This allows the coach to concentrate on improving weaknesses and using the strengths of players and the team when planning team tactics and suitable plays. Collection of the stats can be done by an assistant coach or a willing parent which I am. I have used the Excel Workbook during this season and it can be found along with an information sheet in a folder at

Basketball Stats Workbook

Although the Workbook is a freebie, it is simple to use and works out a range of totals , averages and efficiency figures for the players and the team. Give it a go and you will be the coaches friend for life and let me know how you get on and if the workbook could be improved.

Capturing the statistics of actions during a game can provide the coach with a tool to identify the strengths and weaknesses of individual players and the team. This allows the coach to concentrate on improving weaknesses and using the strengths of players and the team when planning team tactics and suitable plays. Collection of the stats can be done by an assistant coach or a willing parent which I am. I have used the Excel Workbook during this season and it can be found along with an information sheet in a folder at

Although the Workbook is a freebie, it is simple to use and works out a range of totals , averages and efficiency figures for the players and the team. Give it a go and you will be the coaches friend for life and let me know how you get on and if the workbook could be improved.

I think this is a good idea.I'm shooting for my fiancee to be my Asst coach this year.Not too sure what extent I will start her off as I don't want to run her off. I do believe in the statistics part of it.As they say statistics don't lie but at times might be a little misleading.Good luck with that.

Following feedback from Coaches and Stat Recorders over the past year, the Stats Workbook has now been enlarged to hold records for 30 games and now includes 'BLOCKS', ' ASSISTS', 'CHARGES' and 'FOULS'. Although the number of recordable features has been increased, collectors of stats can select only those features that are required by the Team Coach.

It can be downloaded free from the file sharing site.

Thanks to all who provided advice and feedback to make the Stats Workbook more usefull and any further feedback regarding additions/improvements would be welcome

Bobby

I have added to this Stats Workbook and it now allows the Coach to give ratings to the players' actions during the game and produces a Value Points rating for each player.

This system of rating is promoted by Coach Danny Miles in his book, Value Points System, which he claims as being a major tool in his success as a Coach.

I will e-mail a copy of the workbook to anyone who requests it along with an information sheet on its operation

Bobby,

Nice work. I downloaded your basketball stats workbook and it is easy to use and after a little initial work of adding your roster information it works like a charm.

Thanks for sharing.