Y-coach.com - Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jqmoney

Football Game Stratagy

Okay i'm playing this team that plays a 2-2-1. There are 2 people lined up on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the center the 2 corners who line up on the outside that are 7 yards deep and the middle guy rushes everytime. This is a 1st-3rd football league how do you beat this zone?

Simple...Do what you normally do...Dont change your offense for something like this.I learned the hard way.Run what you normally do and dont try to gameplan around that team.Basically I learned to force teams to adjust to us...Its hard at first but do what works for you and the rest will take care of itself.

Slants over the middle can be effective. You have to see how the defenders react to different plays. For instance, do the two defenders on the los take a drop when the wideout on that side goes out? If so you can run that receiver deep then swing the center or halfback into the flat.

There are 2 things I think would work well against this defense.

1. Send the center straight ahead 5 yards and have him turn around and throw him the ball. By that time the rusher will be out of the way and he should have wide open middle of the field to run. (run your WR's on out patterns when you do this to open up the middle even more)

2. End Arounds. Once your runner gets outside of the guy on the LOS, he can run to open field and hopefully get some daylight in the secondary (depending on how fast the defense is). (also if you send your WR's in towards the middle of the field on a slant route, you will draw the defense to the middle of the field leaving the ourside open more).

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

That's a pretty common defense so you're not alone. A lot of good advice from all the above - my two cents:

If they send the rusher from the same place everytime, hit that spot with a pass (center straight up middle or slant across middle). Misdirection and play action pass usually work well for us. Run some twins and trips way out to one side and force them to deal with that formation. My best suggestion is watch how the defense reacts to your plays and adjust accordingly.

Let us know how it goes.

CRob

See what the defense does on an end around. You could maybe freeze the corner which would leave the flat open or the safety on that side might drop down which would leave open a long pass.

Okay i'm playing this team that plays a 2-2-1. There are 2 people lined up on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the center the 2 corners who line up on the outside that are 7 yards deep and the middle guy rushes everytime. This is a 1st-3rd football league how do you beat this zone?

All great advice above...... I think by "softening" them up a bit with quick slants, misdirection and end arounds... there can be a huge opportunity for a few deep passes. Depending how strong your QBs arm is and if you have any kids who can pull down a long pass of course. I would think about running a Twins formation and send the outside WR on a streak route up the sideline, then the inside WR can run something like a 7-8 yard post to the middle getting behind where that "middle" defender lines up. From your description the deep middle will be open all day. On the other side, your lone WR can run an Out pattern or something to catch that CB attention and occupy him.