Y-coach.com - Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Coach3

Let The Hype Begin

So open gym begins for us this next friday but still can't coach anyone as long as my guys are in the gym and shooting around. My question is this. How can I possibly compete with 5 or 6 players? 2 brothers have went to a rival school and another kid just moved out of state. I've heard you have to play to your strengths but good grief. I was planning on implementing the motion offense. Is this still the thing to do in order to slow the game down? I'm guessing yes. I've purchased a customized Goal board and 2 medicine ball of - 8lbs which I feel will help. I'll try to enclose the attachment of the board as I'm happy with the way it turned out. Let's talk some basketball everyone. What kind of team will you have this year and what are some of your expectations?

Hi there!

I'm a bit late to reply to this, I realize, but I think it more than merits a response.

With 5 or 6 players, conditioning and discipline is an absolute must. The players have to be able to know when to run and when not to run, and have the ability to keep up in the final 5 minutes. That said, so long as these are good coachable players, it is not an untenable situation.