Y-coach.com - Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jqmoney

New Offense

Okay guys i have a new offense for the fall season i run a jet run offense and a stack passing offense i have great run plays and i have a couple of of good passing plays but i need a couple more and some trick plays out of it. The stack play is i have a running back stacked behind 2 recievers and i run a screen a fake screen pass a center out i also run a sweep play out of it and a fake sweep pass out of it but i need some more ideals. And my jet running offense works one ran right they could not stop it this summer but need some more passing plays form the stack passing formation

What is a jet run offense?

I'm starting to see lots of possibilities out of the center end around. We had a little informal practice and I tried it a couple of different ways. A new twist I have is to bring a receiver in motion who then runs the option with the center end around. The center can now pitch, pass or run. I think the key is to have a center who can accelerate quickly and think fast on whether he should run pass or pitch.

that's an interesting idea. My jet offense is basically having my running back come in motion on set the first thing we do is a double reverse where the running back hands it to the reciever and then he hands it to the other reciever. Then we would run a fake reverse where the running back fakes it to the reciever and keeps the ball that one worked for me really good and another one was a fake double reverse where we would run the reverse but the reciever would fake the reverse. I do like the center end around option that's really cool

Orange...

Did you watch Florida with Harvin & Tebow last year?Remember how he would line up wide then come in motion in front of Tebow or around him.That comes from the Jet offense.

JGmoney,

I could probably come up with a billion plays for you.I started experimenting with this last year and we did an amazing job with it.I couldn't believe how easy it is to use this for misdirection.Its killer big time and I was coaching 11-13 year olds.

Orange...

Did you watch Florida with Harvin & Tebow last year?Remember how he would line up wide then come in motion in front of Tebow or around him.That comes from the Jet offense.

Just a little bit, lol. I'm a UF grad, season ticket holder and proud Gator!

JGmoney,

I could probably come up with a billion plays for you.I started experimenting with this last year and we did an amazing job with it.I couldn't believe how easy it is to use this for misdirection.Its killer big time and I was coaching 11-13 year olds.

I'm not clear as to which misdirection you're referring. Can you elaborate?

Orange...

JGmoney,

That's where i based it from except my qb is under center and the running back goes behind i do have one pass play out of it where i do a double reverse pass

Orange...(got a spare ticket?lol)

I used my Jet as misdirection and ended up having huge plays out of it.Those are the only plays I didnt post in my playbook because I drew them up as the season came along...Its all about getting the defense to go 1 way and the ball going the other way.We constantly would put a guy in motion and hand it off to him.We got all our players hand offs this way then after about 4/5 we would fake and pass instead.We also had the WR in motion throw it a few times.Worked out great because I had a bunch of kids who could throw the ball lol.Basically you just have to get the defense thinking the same thing over and over again and then hit them with something else.Obviously you know that by watching florida.There spread read offense is amazing and it incorporates so many different things such as the Jet/Jet Sweep/Jet Sweep Option...I love there playbook

JGMoney,

We had one under center also.We would fake the handoff and have the QB & center roll out to the opposite side of the center.This was usually a big play.We usually would hand it off though a few times.

Try a backside post for the double reverse pass.Should catch the defense off guard big time.

Sweet i'm going to have to throw that in there well sounds like i can run alot of stuff out of the jet offense do u have any passing plays and also is there a program where you can draw up plays?

Sweet i'm going to have to throw that in there well sounds like i can run alot of stuff out of the jet offense do u have any passing plays and also is there a program where you can draw up plays?

Lol I have plenty of them.They are jotted down on a sheet of paper though.I usually use Microsoft Word for my plays.I dont use any type of software because I couldn't find one I like for it

Lol I have plenty of them.They are jotted down on a sheet of paper though.I usually use Microsoft Word for my plays.I dont use any type of software because I couldn't find one I like for it

I do have some in my head i need to jot down but how do you do it on Microsoft word and do you care to share some of your idea's i think for my 9-11 year olds i think we will go out of shotgun