Y-coach.com - Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jwsaggie

Trips

Wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were on defending trips? Currently we just shift all the kids over when the offense comes out in this type of formation, but I have been toying with a totally new formation.

Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks.

Good point, I should have explained a little further.

5 vs 5, 9-10 year old kids, QB cannot run, any blitzing has to start 7 yards away from line of scrimmage, and we play zone 90% of time.

Wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were on defending trips? Currently we just shift all the kids over when the offense comes out in this type of formation, but I have been toying with a totally new formation.

I'd like to hear about your new formation to defend the trips formation. I personally love trips and use it often in my offense because it is so hard to defend. If the defense shades over it leaves the left side of the field open for the C to run a route and exploit, and if they done't shade over the defense will be overloaded with recievers and cannot defend a good spread route scheme.

I would suggest not doing that, because usually if you do they will run a player to the open side. I see teams get burned often doing that, we are 6 on 6 and play 3 up front, 1 rusher back 7 yards, and 2 safeties and every one stays in there zone regardless of the offensive formation.