Y-coach.com - Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ambozz

Power T / Full House Offense

I just finished coaching a 5-6 yo. peewee team, next year I will be coaching the 7-8 yo's. My qb. is a smart kid,he picks up the plays very quickly and executes them very well. The problem is he has no arm and does not run very well. I would like to install a power running game since I do have a couple of kids that can run. I would love to run the Power T, but can not find much info on it, playbooks, etc.. Does anyone have or know where I can get some info on this offense?

I just finished coaching a 5-6 yo. peewee team, next year I will be coaching the 7-8 yo's. My qb. is a smart kid,he picks up the plays very quickly and executes them very well. The problem is he has no arm and does not run very well. I would like to install a power running game since I do have a couple of kids that can run. I would love to run the Power T, but can not find much info on it, playbooks, etc.. Does anyone have or know where I can get some info on this offense?

ambozz,

Try googling "Olivet College offense". I know there are a few pdf files floating around the internet. I have a copy somewhere that I will try to locate. You may also try going to www.bucksweep.com. It's a wing-t site, but many coaches consider the Olivet offense a version of the wing-t.

ambozz,

Try googling "Olivet College offense". I know there are a few pdf files floating around the internet. I have a copy somewhere that I will try to locate. You may also try going to www.bucksweep.com. It's a wing-t site, but many coaches consider the Olivet offense a version of the wing-t.

ambozz,

Attached is a file I located of the Olivet College Power T offense. It may be a bit complex for 7-8 year olds, but here's a 7th grade team running it OK:

And here's a 9th grade team running it almost to perfection:

However, considering your situation, you might want to consider the Double Wing. Jack Gregory has a version of this offense that is tailor-made for that age group. Here's a link to his web site: http://dscreationsgregorydouble.homestead.com/index.html

Hope this helps~

ambozz,

ambozz,

Attached is a file I located of the Olivet College Power T offense. It may be a bit complex for 7-8 year olds, but here's a 7th grade team running it OK:

And here's a 9th grade team running it almost to perfection:

However, considering your situation, you might want to consider the Double Wing. Jack Gregory has a version of this offense that is tailor-made for that age group. Here's a link to his web site: http://dscreationsgregorydouble.homestead.com/index.html

Hope this helps~

Couldn't get the attachment to work (the file's probably too big). Try this link instead: http://www.datafilehost.com/download-f2e5e20f.html

As a former Comet I can say, this offense did not win us a championship!

But, it can be useful for a grass roots football team.

Olivet seems to have the best of Power T results. Coach at 10-12 y/o level we primarily ran dive,trap,power,counter trap,counter dive,sweep and counter pass and bootleg.

Olivets plays where Big Shel told you about are great, alot of reps of same action the offense is a "winner".. just my 2 cents...

As a former Comet I can say, this offense did not win us a championship!

But, it can be useful for a grass roots football team.

Olivet seems to have the best of Power T results. Coach at 10-12 y/o level we primarily ran dive,trap,power,counter trap,counter dive,sweep and counter pass and bootleg.

Olivets plays where Big Shel told you about are great, alot of reps of same action the offense is a "winner".. just my 2 cents...

Check Mike Vicars Presentation on "Power T" on Glazier Clinics in the Webinar section some very basic plays out of Power T. Dive, power, sweep, pitch, keep and trap are essentials and throw in a couple pass plays. Just Rep,rep, rep and you have plenty. Post if need some advice or some resources, I'm happy to help out anybody, because others have taken the time to help me out.