Y-coach.com - Forum
Sign in to follow this  
supatooma15

1St Year Coach

Man i've coached in florida for bout 10 yrs now. But now this flag football league has just come around and I decided to give it a go.

I coached my 15 yr old threw, I guess you would call a pop warner league. And now my 5 yr old is ready. He has one season under his belt.

Not to metion the championship we won last year. but like I said we are new to flagfootball.

Just wondering if anyone has a simple run playbook to share. From what i understand Qb can't advance the ball past the los.

It's 5 on 5 and its a 4, 5 and 6 yr olds. Now all of my kids played on my regular team last season. And basicly i'm useing flagfootball to keep them in shape.

I like to run the wing tee and have some ideas. but would also likesome imput from experenced flag coaches. thanks.......

Here's my champs from last year.post-13541-12699112195378_thumb.jpg

Man i've coached in florida for bout 10 yrs now. But now this flag football league has just come around and I decided to give it a go.

I coached my 15 yr old threw, I guess you would call a pop warner league. And now my 5 yr old is ready. He has one season under his belt.

Not to metion the championship we won last year. but like I said we are new to flagfootball.

Just wondering if anyone has a simple run playbook to share. From what i understand Qb can't advance the ball past the los.

It's 5 on 5 and its a 4, 5 and 6 yr olds. Now all of my kids played on my regular team last season. And basicly i'm useing flagfootball to keep them in shape.

I like to run the wing tee and have some ideas. but would also likesome imput from experenced flag coaches. thanks.......

Here's my champs from last year.post-13541-12699112195378_thumb.jpg

Hi Sup,

For the little guys all you need are some very simple sweep plays that utilize misdirection , and some very short and simple drag plays.

The plays I've seen work best at that age in flag football are to run an end around one play, and then fake the end around and give it to the RB coming out of the backfield going the other direction.

Simple misdirection stuff works great at this age. If you look in the playbook section you'll find several playbooks that have plays you can use to accomplish this. Mine is posted there.

With all your kids returning you should be way ahead of the game.

Ask if you have more questions.

Cool looking team, congrats on the championship. If your guys played tackle already, shouldn't really be a problem switching to flag. Biggest difference will be the number of players on the field. Things are more wide open, obviously no blocking.

Have to agree with Texas, misdirection works well at this age. There's a section for playbooks under the Flag Football thread, good place to start for some plays.

Keep us updated.

Fellas, I am well thank you for your post and info. @ Coach Rob hello meet coach rob #2.

@ Texas you orange and rob have it figured out. Got dowloaded your play book. And I think with my speedy backs and My Qb. I can preform

Some of theses short passes. We will see. I have a wonderful relationship with my team parents. They flim everything.

And seein as I've my son (qb) in the back yard the past few weeks. Your short passes my work.

So Fellas if your intrested I'll show ya full contact team.

This is us gettn ready for the championship there should be other videos. when that one comes up.

But here is one of my running back in the championship gm.

Fellas, I am well thank you for your post and info. @ Coach Rob hello meet coach rob #2.

@ Texas you orange and rob have it figured out. Got dowloaded your play book. And I think with my speedy backs and My Qb. I can preform

Some of theses short passes. We will see. I have a wonderful relationship with my team parents. They flim everything.

And seein as I've my son (qb) in the back yard the past few weeks. Your short passes my work.

So Fellas if your intrested I'll show ya full contact team.

This is us gettn ready for the championship there should be other videos. when that one comes up.

But here is one of my running back in the championship gm.

Hey Sup,

Looks like from your links you've got some good speed there so you should do very well in flag football. It is a speed game after all.wink.gif

It's funny seeing those little guys in all those pads, but they are really fired up to play. That's Awesome!!

That scissor tail play you show works great in flag too, so keep that one in you're playbook.

Sorry to sound smart. But,Do you have to been in a click to get feed back? I mean From what I've read everyone seem pretty cool. ???

I'm not big on 5 year old leagues in general but I can tell you this: Keep it to runs and short passes (very short). Use misdirection and you will have a lot of success. On defense bunch everyone close to the middle and line of scrimmage. Do not play man to man, play zone only. Disrespect the pass, concentrate on the run.

Finally: Make it a a lot of fun and get everyone the ball. It's about creating a love for the sport.

How far is Belleview from Orlando?

Thanks for everyones advice, seems like you 3 cats, are the coolest on the forum.

@ Orange Bellview is a commuity in Pensacola. so I live far north west i guess 5-6 hrs to orlando.

GO GATORS!!!!!!

Yea, that's far. There is a Belleview closer, near Ocala. Have fun with the flag football. Ask if you need any more advice.

Oh yea, Go Gators!