Y-coach.com - Forum
2adirondack

Hellllllpppp

Hello, As a New member I'd like to wish everyone good luck this yr.

A little background. I just moved from NJ to a rural area. There are few teams in our 80ml sq area, so they play who they can( basically who ever has a team). In NJ eligibility went by age and wht. Here it is gov'n by grade.We practice strict guidelines when it comes to grades behavior and play. poor grades and attitude equates to poss suspension.

So in a nut shell I have a team in our league where this does not apply.

My 10yr-12yr olds ( largest 105 lbs) are playing 14-15 yr olds @ 225lbs +( many have failed 5th grade more than once).

My kids are terrified and being tossed about like rag dolls. It is too late for me to get a rule change .

Any suggestions on how to beat a teem twice your size and weight?

A little background. I just moved from NJ to a rural area. There are few teams in our 80ml sq area, so they play who they can( basically who ever has a team). In NJ eligibility went by age and wht. Here it is gov'n by grade.We practice strict guidelines when it comes to grades behavior and play. poor grades and attitude equates to poss suspension.

My 10yr-12yr olds ( largest 105 lbs) are playing 14-15 yr olds @ 225lbs +( many have failed 5th grade more than once).

My kids are terrified and being tossed about like rag dolls. It is too late for me to get a rule change .

We are playing in a 7 on 7 league here in Texas and are facing a similar issue in some of our game. My planned strategy is to use shotgun snaps (alot), and use the other team size to our advantage by using quick bubble screens, and rolling the QB hard right or left for some quick short passes.

coach first of all this absolutely crazy.There is no way I would play my kids if they were 10 and 12 years old against 14-15 year olds.Not only are these kids that are older are more physical but they have to have a mental edge on your younger kids.We see this all the time here with our 11-12 yr olds.Every week we are having to play teams that add older kids around the 15 yr old age.Lucky for us we have a very physical team that is not scared to play anyone.You see here teams like to doctor up birth certificates to get these older kids to be able to play with them.There really is no way to prove it.I guess if it is your rules there is nothing you really can do but play.I would just try and build there confindence up.maybe put in some trick plays.Not sure what offense you run but remember misdirection is everything at that age group.