Y-coach.com - Forum
ifly8o8

I9 10U Spring Season 2011

Assistnt coach for a U10 team in I9. Im the DC. Had our first game today. Won 32-6. We were far more talented than the other team. The defense had 5 INTs and 2 of them were returned for TDs. All the kids contributed. Ran a 1-3-1 and a 3-2. THrew in a few blitzes but mostly played in zone. Tried to see how smart the kids were and introduced shifts on the fly. 1-3-1 to 3-2 and 3-2 to 1-3-1.

Assistnt coach for a U10 team in I9. Im the DC. Had our first game today. Won 32-6. We were far more talented than the other team. The defense had 5 INTs and 2 of them were returned for TDs. All the kids contributed. Ran a 1-3-1 and a 3-2. THrew in a few blitzes but mostly played in zone. Tried to see how smart the kids were and introduced shifts on the fly. 1-3-1 to 3-2 and 3-2 to 1-3-1.

How long is the season, and how many team?

To tell u the truth IDK. I never got the schedule. I just take it one week at a time. But I'll be updating as the weeks go on. This week we are playing in our local stadium. Aloha stadium where they have the Pro Bowl.

We won yesterday 20-6. Better team, they were more prepared but we had a slight talent edge. My son had a few good runs, one for TD and he dropped a INT (Said the sun was in his eyes) Hopefully I can try get some clips up.

First loss yesterday 19-28. My defense didnt show up, I was very disappointed with their effort. Missed assignments, not running hard, losing contain, etc. Overall, just a bad game. Possibly my worst ever coaching.

We play for central Oahu. Central Oahu includes kids from Pearl City, Aiea, Mililani, Ewa Beach, Wahiawa, Waipahu etc. Where r u moving to? Theres a Central, East, and twon divisions. Check out the I9 hawaii website.. thx

First loss yesterday 19-28. My defense didnt show up, I was very disappointed with their effort. Missed assignments, not running hard, losing contain, etc. Overall, just a bad game. Possibly my worst ever coaching.

I was there at the game and your team was pretty impressive. If I remember correctly you have a quick kid with a headband. He hella fast. Well good luck with the rest of your season 808.

I was there at the game and your team was pretty impressive. If I remember correctly you have a quick kid with a headband. He hella fast. Well good luck with the rest of your season 808.

Yeah thats one of my aces. Great kid, shifty feet, and has great vision. This isnt my team, Im just helping the coach out on defense. Next season a friend and I put a team together. Watch out for this team.

Well, we lost again this past Sunday, 3/13/11. My defense only gave up two points. However the offense threw two pick sixes. Ended up losing 14-12. Pretty disgusted. But I know my defense is hitting its stride.

Hey 808..will you still be coaching at i9 or somewhere else? We came over from NFL flag. I'm still thinking of staying put at i9 or migrating.

This next season were staying in I9. After this my son is playing Pop Warner so we wont be back till the winter season. To me, NFL is a little more competitive, but traveling was too much for me and I9 was more convenient to where I live. Plus I have a daughter that played this year for the first time so we wanted her in a more friendly atmosphere which is i9.

What team are you on now? Are u in u10? Look me up, where gonna be at Kailua this week for the tournament.

My son plays for Salt Lake. Glad to know someone from Hawaii is part of this forum. See you mentioned Pop Warner. Which team will your son play for in Pop Warner? I'm also thinking of registering my son for tackle football this year. As you may know that PW will start the registration process now till April. I'm guessing Aiea, highlands or PC, since they will be the closest. Hey 808 good luck at the tourney.

Salt Lake ah. Really hoped we would have had another shot at them. My son was asked by two JPW coaches for their team, Waipio and PC. But the coach at Highlands is really good so I might leave him there. Good luck on the tourney

Salt Lake ah. Really hoped we would have had another shot at them. My son was asked by two JPW coaches for their team, Waipio and PC. But the coach at Highlands is really good so I might leave him there. Good luck on the tourney

How did your team do at the tourney 808? Hey by the way..how much is the fee for Highland? I heard PC charges way less. Well if my son plays this season, he will play in the tiny might division. I'm thinking he's still a little too young for tackle, but he says he wants to.

Tiny mite? How old is your son? The fee is about $350-400. Yeah PC was cheaper if I remember correctly.

He is only 6 yrs old and want s to play tackle. He plays U6 flag foots. About $299 is what I was told. Good Luck this weekend.

Ok. Yeah we actually might go Mililani now cause two of my flag football boys are gonna go there with my son. One is the headband boy. Thanks good luck to you guys too/

Hey 808 how did you guys do this past championship sunday? We were at Hawaii Kai, but no championship for the U6 division, which kinda sucks. My sons team went undefeated and no trophy to take home. Oh well that's i9 for ya. Anyways I'm still proud of him and his team for accomplishing this.