Y-coach.com - Forum
caneincgfl

7 On 7 Playbook

Here is my 7 on 7 playbook. In our league the QB can run. The offense can pitch, throw passes behind the line of scrimmage and can do basic blocking (screens like basketball). The main limit on the offense is that you can't run right up the middle. There is a blue no-run zone 5 yards wide on each side of the center where a running play cannot cross the line of scrimmage unless the ball has gone wide of that zone first.

I used two different formations, a balanced look and a power formation to the right. The balanced look is better for end around plays. The power formation works well for us. Many times the defense will not shift to our strong side so we outnumber the defenders. Since blocking is allowed it gives us a real advantage.

On defense we run a 2-3-2 zone. The two corners up front box in the offense and stop anything going to the sidelines. The two outside backers generally rush unless we are playing a prevent. The middle linebacker is a key defender and should be the best flag puller on the team. The two safeties stay back to prevent deep passes first, then support against the run. The safeties shift to shade the strong side of the offense but each one is still primarily responsible for his own side of the field.

Plays 7 on 7 2011.doc

I edited the post to add the attachment so the playbook should be there now.

Nice set of plays. I like how you have several plays that set up each other. I always like conditioning the defense to one thing and then run some misdirection to keep them off guard.

Curious what the blue no run zones are?

Regarding the Blue No Run Zones in our league, the field is painted with two blue solid stripes that run down the middle of the field from end zone to end zone. The two stripes mark a zone ten yards wide. For each play, the ball is placed to be snapped right in the middle of that zone. No run can cross the line of scrimmage inside the blue lines unless the ball has gone wide of the zone first. The idea is to prevent teams from just running straight up the middle. It makes running plays go wide. Passes can be inside the zone, though, except if pass behind the line you still need to go wide before crossing the line of scrimmage.

Thanks for posting. I can see the text of the plays but not the diagrams. Have 7 on 7 league and as a first time coach (7/8 year olds) want to keep it as simple as I can. Have seen oranges playbook for 5 on 5 but adding 2 more players ( can have two lineman and qb can run, while starting with the ball) is a little odd. Thanks for the help.