Y-coach.com - Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Buster1050

Playing A 4/1 D

We are in the playoffs and are playing a 4/1 D four up front and one back but don't blitz. They are pretty disciplined. and plays that work agains this D?

If running, run right at them. With no second level help, run all plays straight ahead, where one missed flag means open sprint to the endzone. Don't run sideways, hit the gaps full speed. Not knowing the ages here, but any pass play past 5 yards should work well to the sidelines, as one safety can't cover both sides. Also with no blitz, you can run deep crossing routes forcing the safety to pick which one to cover.

What age group? How close to the los are the 4?

Off the top of my head, I would use play action and pump fakes, then allow receivers to go long if the 4 are closer to the los..

All good advise. Spread your WR's way out then run your center on a short 5-7 yard out to either side after the WR's go long. Your RB can flair out to the opposite side. If they are disciplined then running will be tough but connect on a couple of passes and that should all change.

I saw this defense once last year. I put my best athlete at center have him hike the ball then receive a handoff behind the LOS and roll left or right. Send everyone else deep. Now they gotta choose to stop the run or the pass.

We played in the 7-8yr old 5 on 5 championship game against a team that ran this defense. Athlete for athlete they were better than us but the kids executed this scheme and they had to rush and play defenses they weren't used to playing.