Y-coach.com - Forum
Texas_D_Coach

Flagrant Fouls Video

I'm new to the basketball forum, but have been coaching my son in flag football for many years and he now plays basketball at his middle school as well, so this article caught my eye.

I've never seen a team foul like this, and it seems pretty unbelievable that the guy fouling like this was not ejected from the game:

I had read about this and thought it was pretty sad that the school and the school district tried to defend it as normal play. If that's normal play then you should really take a good look at the officiating crews that you are hiring because they were lucky no one was seriously injured.

From looking at the video I would say that is probably a pretty acurate statement because the one kid who did most of the damage didn't look like he had much basketball skill he looked like he was out their to make guys think twice about coming into the middle.

If that happened in the leagues I'm currently coaching, I would've been livid. Not only is it dangerous, it's just plain sloppy basketball. What kind of coach lets their players commit those kinds of fouls? The coach of those players bears part of the burden as well. I bet that team is in foul trouble a lot.

On foul #4, interesting how #12 offers a hand and #34 walks over the guy like it's a UFC fight. Looks like #34 and #42 are the culprits, bet the other players aren't too happy about having them on the team.

I'm new to the basketball forum, but have been coaching my son in flag football for many years and he now plays basketball at his middle school as well, so this article caught my eye.

I've never seen a team foul like this, and it seems pretty unbelievable that the guy fouling like this was not ejected from the game:

Makes ya wonder what kinda team these bullies have if there style is this. Even as there Coach is my players aren't moving there feet were gonna have to address it next time out. This is part of that Sportsmanship I often talk of. Also I don't remember any of those kids that were knocked down being helped up by this team. Hopefully this team will learn from there mistakes. Nothing wrong with playing aggressive but all they were playing was a zone and a lazy one at that.