Y-coach.com - Forum
Texas_D_Coach

Getting Plays In From Sideline For Girls Powder Puff League

Hi everyone,

Been away for a while, but I'm coaching again. This time I'm coaching a 7th grade girls team for a one day Powder puff tournament. I need some advice about getting plays in from the sidelines.

I was thinking about having 12 plays on a wrist coach and just having my QB's wear the wristcoach. I would send in the plays with a player for each play, and the QB would call it out in the huddle and players could look at her wrist coach to know their assignments.

I don't want to buy wrist coaches for all of the girls if I don't have to.

Any suggestions or other ideas?

I think you are on the right track. I would also number each of the plays on the the QB wristband, so worst comes to worst you can shout, hold up a card, your fingers or another means to pass a number to the QB vs calling out play. Also less likely for players to forget on their way to the huddle which play.

If you are worried about other teams picking up on the number you could swap out cards to go in the wristband periodically to randomize the numbers.

I am not sure that you need to have the players look at the wristband though for their assignments, at 7th grade I would expect them to be able to memorize 12 plays.

Texas! Good to see you around here again. I'm thinking you need to go Peyton Manning and throw in a ton of audibles.

Seriously though? If you're not down with the wristbands, could have them huddle on the sidelines every time. Call two plays at once and go with a no huddle. A few thoughts. Let us know how it goes.