Y-coach.com - Forum
Coaching Youth Fooball - Football Plays
Sign in to follow this  
hootie318

Need some reassurance

hootie318    0

I am in my fifth year coaching in an NFL 5v5 Flag League. I coach two teams each year for both of my sons that are in two different age groups. I preach sportsmanship first and I make sure that every player gets an equal amount of snaps. I typically experience a fair amount of turnover each year but retain a small core of 3-5 players per team. We get killed every year and I have lost faith in my ability. There are teams we compete against that have been consistent over each season with the same players that play on their respective flag team, baseball team, basketball team, etc. I know their playbooks are small with option routes, qb reads, and I always come out guns blazing with volumes of plays I'm sure are going to work this year??!!!! They don't. I am having a hard time motivating my players that know we are going to get killed. I keep things as fun as I can but their is only so much excitement I can get out of a team that knows each Saturday will lead to their football death yet again.

I just do not know what to do to get these guys interested, install an offense that can make up for our shortcomings, and at least be competitive. Our first practices are this Saturday and I already feel defeated.

Any advice from some long time coached out there?

Coaching Youth Fooball - Football Plays