Y-coach.com - Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bert

Education Plan In The Netherlands

Hello,

I hope this is interesting for some of you:

Belowe you will find the highlights of the education plan we use in our club, it's based on the youth plan of the Nevobo, the dutch volleyball federation.

We know the folow levels:

Level 1 - they play circulation volleyball, court 6 x 4,5 m. and the net is 2 m. high

Level 2 - they play circulation volleyball, court 6 x 4,5 m. and the net is 2 m. high

Level 3 - they play circulation volleyball, court 6 x 4,5 m. and the net is 2 m. high

Level 4 - they play mini-volleyball (4:4), court 6 x 4,5 m. and the net is 2 m. high

Level 5 - they play mini-volleyball (4:4), court 6 x 6 m. and the net is 2 m. high

Level 6 - they play mini-volleyball (4:4), court 6 x 6 m. and the net is 2 m. high

Level C - they play youth volleyball (6:6), court 9 x 7 m. and the net is 2,05 m. high

Level B - they play youth volleyball (6:6)

Level A - they play youth volleyball (6:6)

In another topic I allready wrote about circulation volleyball. It's a fun game, children moved a lot in those games and it is easy to start with. On www.volleyballnederland.nl, the site of Adrie Noy, the inventor of the game and a great coach, you will find a translation in english of the rules of this game. Below the rules in short:

The game know as you can see three levels:

Level 1: the key issue over here is reading the ball who came over the net and learning movement skills.

Level 2: the key issue over is are the same as in level 1 but also learning the forearm pass.

Level 3: the key issue in this level is the same is level 2 buth also reading the the service pass. The ball over the net can be catched. Another technique on this level is the underarms serve.

The game or method is called circulation volleyball because after every time the ball passed the net the team must rotate one position. Another typical thing of this game is that a child who made a mistake must leave the court so the team must deal with less players in court. So less players must do more. The start in all levels with four kids. A team have one point when they pley the whole opposite court empty. After that they started all over again with 4:4. On level 2 and 3 the team can win a player back. On level 2 a player come back when a player pass the ball with a forearm pass and catch his own passed ball. On level 3 the team can get a player back when a player passed the ball witch game over the net also with a forearm pass but now another player of the own team must catch the ball.

Level 4: On this level the play mini-volleyball. So normal volleyball 4:4. As follow on level 3 the first ball who came over the net must played with a forearm pass and the second ball must be catch. Now this player must throw the ball to another player and this player can play the ball with a overhead pass over the net. The key issue on this level is the overhead pass and playing in three times. The serve must be a underarms serve.

Level 5: On this level of course they also play mini-volleyball, 4:4. It's the same as level 4 but now it's not allowed anymore to catched, the second ball must be played with a overhead pass or a forearm pass. The serve must be a underarms serve

Level 6: On this level the also played mini-volleyball, 4:4. It's the same as level 5 but now there are some new techniques: like the overhead serve and the spike. Because children most of the time learn the overhead serve very easy, the key issue on this level, for me, to improve passing on a overhand serve, because when I don't do this the number of zero contacts is very high.

Level C: On level C they play youth volleyball. They play 6:6, the field is two meters shorter than a normal field and the net is 2,05 m. high for both boys and girls. Most of the time we are busy to improve the techniques they allready know but now must be practice on a bigger court with 6 players in court. New is learning the block, the individual technique, so no the two block and the floor defence, Barrel roll recovery.

Key issue is playing in three times.

Level B: On this level they play youth volleyball. They play 6:6 on a normal court, the net is 2,24 m. high for boys and 2,15 m. high for girls. The key issue is to improve all techniques, new is the different kind of tempo in setting. New is also learning to block with two players.

Level A: On this level they play you youth volleyball. They play 6:6 on a normal court, the net is 2,24 m. high for girls and 2,43 m. high for boys. They key issue is to improve all techniques, new could be techniques like the jump serve .......... ect. ect.

This is the whole play in a very short way, when some one like it I could mail our plan, but this will be in dutch. Of course there could be differences in the levels, and of course there is more to tell about the different levels and the techniques learned on the different levels.

As I wrote on www.volleyballnederland.nl you will find more about the first part of this story, on www.jeugdvolleybal.nl you will find more about youth volleyball. On www.volleybal.nl you can also find more about youth volleyball over here.

Bert

Hello,

22 people had read the this topic. I was wondering if there is some one who visit p.e. the sites I mentioned and what you think of the whole route and circulation volleyball as a method to learn children to set there first steps in volleyball?

Bert

Bert,

Thanks for the additional site. I think I will try all 3 levels with my middle schoolers -5,6,7,8 graders - and see how they respond to it.

john

oh, I guess I'd better find a good software package for translating Dutch :)