Y-coach.com - Forum

What are some good warm ups for 4th grade girls? I think we are being to easy on them , but I played competitive sports for 12 years. I may be out of touch a little with 9 year olds. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanx

I would have them stand in two lines and toss the ball at them while they pass to a target. As they get better at passing move the ball around more. The kids I coach now (7 - 10) seem to like it when I toss the ball a long ways away from them and tell them to simply get a hand on it. It gets them moving pretty well and they are now challenging themselves enough so that they are able to get to the balls and actually get them up in a halfway decent pass. I also do a dril with the kids where I keep tossing balls at one player nonstop while they concentrate on watching the ball and passing it. The rest of the team is in charge of keeping the balls out of the way of the passer. Everyone is tired after this one including the coach.

Hi everybody. I do something similar to Connie's warmup. I try to involve the other parents at this point in practice and break the girls into groups of three. I have the parents run the warm up. If it is possible, I try to float and give pointers. I want to eliminate standing around as much as possible. Ron