Y-coach.com - Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Orange

Speed And Quickness

I'm going to begin doing some quickness and agility training this season. What kinds of drills would you all suggest?

Gah I have tons of stuff that I do for kids to help with that.I love doing this stuff.I actually get in there and do it with the kids to kind of challenge them..We dont even condition the kids for our practice because of this...

Let me find it and i'll post some more stuff

Here are some things we do for practice...

This is when we first start practice.

We start off with with a nice slow jog and speed it up as we get closer to the finish to get the kids blood flowing...Jog is usually at least 75-100 yards.

Then we stretch

Then we have our warm ups.All between 15-20 yards..We do another jog first.Then we do butt kicks,high knees,lunges,back pedal,karoke and then sprints...

We teach the kids back pedal.We show everyone how to do it.We have them do it like a DB

I'll make a box of 4 cones...about 12 yards apart.We do back pedal,side steps & then sprint.Then back pedal,lunges,sprint.

I also have an agility ladder that we will use.

This is stuff we normally do before we have our first game and our first practice of the week.We never do this on the practice before the game...

I also do route running.I have the kids make sure they are doing it 100% or we all do it again.

Me and other coaches will have one of the kids play CB and we will run our hardest and tell them the router we are running and try to have them break up the pass or intercept it...Obviously it helps them with sprinting plus they are always wanting to beat the coaches...

We have all out races with the kids lol...Obviously they want to beat us so they run as hard as they can.

We time the kids at the start of the season and every other practice and every season we keep seeing kids getting better & faster overall

We have a few other things...Those are off the top of my head.My computer at home broke so i cant get to my good stuff lol