Y-coach.com - Forum
hollad6636

Your Faith Will Be Tested

1 PETER 4:12 ESV

12 Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.

Don't be surprised when your faith is tested! And don't be afraid! Jesus -- who promised to never forsake you -- is still there to help you.

The test of faith is the devil trying to steal your faith. The devil wants you to believe something other than God's Word.

MARK 4:15 ESV

15 And these are the ones along the path, where the word is sown: when they hear, Satan immediately comes and takes away the word that is sown in them.

The devil wants to steal God's Word out of your life, to stop your faith. So you have to hang on to your faith! You have to say "NO!" to the devil!

Our enemy could never steal faith in God's Word away from us unless at some point it seems like God's Word is wrong. This will happen to you sometime! When it does, trust God and His faithfulness more than you trust your present circumstances.

HEBREWS 10:23 ESV

23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.

HEBREWS 4:14 NLT

14 So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe.

No matter what it seems like -- Jesus is faithful. He cannot lie! Our problem is our limited perspective. We don't know the future, but God does.

1 PETER 1:7 ESV

7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith -- more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire -- may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Genuine faith is very precious to the Lord. When you overcome tests you grow spiritually, which causes joy in Heaven, and should encourage you to rejoice, too.

JAMES 1:2-4 ESV

2 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds,

3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.

4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

LUKE 22:32 ESV

32 but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers."

SAY THIS: When my faith is tested, the Lord will help me pass the test.