Y-coach.com - Forum
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JohnJr6
    Newest Member
    JohnJr6
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 76 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

1. Coaching Ministry

1. Coaching Ministry

Ideas and discussions regarding Christian Ministry and youth sports.

2. Conditioning and Developmental Athletics

1. Youth Conditioning and Developmental Questions

Youth Strength and Conditioning and Motivation

1. Youth Football

General Youth Football Message Board. Practice Organization, offense, defense, special teams, general coaching ideas.

Youth Flag Football coaching discussions and player development

Free Youth Flag Football Plays

Defensive Formations and Techniques

5. Youth Football Drills / Practice Plans

Free Youth Football Drills and Practice Planning Information

6. Football Camps, Clinics, Tournaments and League Notices

Coaching Clinics, camps, tournaments and league notices.

1. Youth Baseball

Youth Baseball coaching discussions. Player development, plays, drills, problems, tournaments, etc.

2. Baseball Camps, Clinics and Tournaments

Coaching Clinics, camps and tournaments

1. Youth Softball

Youth Softball coaching discussions. Player development, plays, drills, problems, tournaments, etc.

1. Youth Basketball

Youth basketball coaching discussions. Player development, plays, drills, problems, ect.

2. Basketball Camps, Clinics, Tournaments and League Notices

Basketball Camps, Clinics, Tournaments and League Notices

1. Youth Soccer

Youth Soccer coaching discussions. Player development, plays, drills, problems, ect.

1. Coaching Youth Volleyball

Youth Volleyball coaching discussions. Player development, plays, drills, problems, etc.

2. Volleyball Camps, Clinics, Tournaments and League Notices

Coaching clinics, camps, tournaments and league notices posted here.

1. Coaching Youth Track

Youth Track and Field coaching discussions. Player development, plays, drills, problems, tournaments, etc.

1. General Youth Coaching Information

General information and questions on coaching youth sports.

Total Topics
    Total Posts

• I am fairly new to flag football, coached a few games and i was wondering. As a head coach what do you pay attention to when coaching? Are you watching the QB or the defense that you're playing against, or are you watching the rest of the team to see if they're running the correct play? There is so much going on that i can't narrow down what exactly i should pay attention to when i am coaching and i just get lost during a game. Any information would help, thank you. 
    • Ima, Not sure how old your girls are but the key is to keep in fun and moving. We have some easy drills that you can implement in to your practice plan at http://www.y-coach.com/CD/Basketball_Drills.htm.
    • Hi everyone,  I VERY new to coaching. I'm actually trying to help coach with another parent. Like many, I played a lot of yard ball, but nothing organized, so plays and such I dont feel comfortable teaching the kids. there are a few things that I've noticed the girls have trouble with , which I'm sure are common, but I'd like to help them with. Mostly, teach them to dribble without looking down, not picking up the dribble too fast, shotting (including layups). Also drills on having the girls move their feet on defense and move around/get open on offense. I know, thats just about anything. And a lot of that is probably just playing. But I'm guessing there are "fun" drills that could help this. I dont want them to hate the sport bc. I want them to enjoy practice, but also make the  most out of it.   any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    • Need some help on what the best 5 on 5 flag defensive strategy would be when my best 4 players are missing for the game this weekend.
    • My Mike LB calls out the strong side and motion direction so D-line knows what they are doing and what the other LBers should be doing during that play, we run a 3-3-5/6-2/5-3 and a 4-4. 5th and 6th grade team but they all call out pass pass pass/ball ball ball but yes its usually me screaming reverse. In the case of zone coverage my safety will call out tight or lose depending on his position and a read of the offensive set(but i will most likely tell(yell) the S and cover guys.)