Y-coach.com - Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KWILSON512

Last Second Victory!

This is our semifinal game, we break this huddle down 20-14 with 10 seconds left in the game.

http://youtu.be/O1rwzEjBLKQ

This is the 2pt conversion attempt to seal the deal and send us to the champioship game.

http://youtu.be/p3mBtdxIz9w

We eventually lost in the championship game but i'll take it, we finished 2nd out of 14 teams.

A little bit of info - The black team had a kid that was offsides/false start on every single snap, to the point that I told the ref to not worry about calling it on the little guy anymore.. thats the reason he didnt call it on our last play...thank god.

In that first vid, your left WR was moving forward during the snap. Personally I like the no-call at this age since it really didn't effect the play. But most leagues I've been in they would have tossed the flag. And the Statue of Liberty on the 2-pt conversion is classic.

I agree, I was at first like wow, how did they not call that and then read the bottom of you post. I bet those kids were going bonkers!

At this age, the false start had no impact on the play, but as long as it was called like that both ways.

Reminds me of a game I had this season where we hit a TE on a deep corner route and took it home. The ref called me for illegal lineman down field. One of my guards didnt have a kid lined up in front and went to the next level to block. It was on the opposite side of the field and I was like what impact did that have on the play, none! Oh well, they are a litte more serious in our league.

Congrats on the 2nd place! Sad that the seasons are coming to an end.

Thanks man

Thats usually called in our league, the circumstance were this...

The other team has an autistic kid, he's a good flag puller and pretty fast but seems to be offisides or false starting on literally every play he plays. We played them in week 1 the kid racked up 6 or 7 penalties before I told the ref just to forget about calling it on him, I felt bad for all involved, especially for the coach who was doing the right thing by rotating the kid in there almost knowing it was gonna result in a 5yd penalty. So in talking with the other coach we decided to ask the refs to take it easy on the false starts and off sides and told him why...thank god he did. The funny thing is, that you can hear that kids dad calling for a false start penalty in the video.

Love the statue of liberty play.

If I was that other coach I would send the offsides kid in motion every play or line him up a few yards back. There's more than one way to skin a cat!!

Good point, never thought about that. After the first game we were discussing the situation and that never popped into our heads. Thats why I love this site.