Y-coach.com - Forum
hollad6636

Spanish Runner Does The Right Thing

Proof that good news sometimes travels slowly, Iván Fernández Anaya and his kind gesture during a cross-country race last December is now gaining widespread attention in social media circles.

The Spanish runner trailed Olympic bronze medallist Abel Mutai of Kenya during an event last December.

Mutai slowed as he neared the finish line, believing he’d won when he was still several meters from the tape.

Realizing his competitor’s mistake, Anaya approached Mutai from behind and motioned him to the proper finishing line.

“I didn’t deserve to win it,” Anaya, 24, told El Pais. “I did what I had to do. He was the rightful winner. He created a gap that I couldn’t have closed if he hadn’t made a mistake.”

Read the entire story

was that the right thing to do? I'm not so sure. My pastor has asked me this question, "If Jesus was a linebacker, would he lay you out when you came through the line, or would he softly tackle you or let you run by?"

I personally believe he would lay you out, then help you up. He wouldn't celebrate or degrade you, he might point to the Lord and say a thankful prayer. If Jesus was running that race, I think he would have passed the guy that slowed down.

But, that's just my opinion. :)

Have a blessed 4th of July and

"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you."