Y-coach.com - Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Coach7

What Happened To My Squat Question?

Recently I posted a question in here about proper form for a body weight squat. I was directed by someone here (Brian I think) to a web site, but that site had no technique specific information at all. Can we try again?

Recently I posted a question in here about proper form for a body weight squat. I was directed by someone here (Brian I think) to a web site, but that site had no technique specific information at all. Can we try again?

◦Position feet slightly wider then hip-width apart with your toes slightly turned out

◦Hold your hands out in front of you at shoulder height. This will counter balance your weight and help you keep your balance

◦Slowly and under control bend your knees and lower yourself down as far as you can without lifting your heels off the floor and then after a brief pause at the bottom push your weight back up until you are back at the starting position

◦Do 10 to 15 repetitions to finish one set before resting. You can repeat the set, but use your own discretion as to how much you can manage