Y-coach.com - Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Christina

7-10 Year Old Girls Softball

Guest Christina

I need ideas other than running bases and grounding ..the mundane activities for practise...need some spice and something this age can handle..can help or suggest good web site to refer to ...i was asst coach last year now the team is mine and i am 'the coach'..want fun things to do ..they learn better that way i believe if it is fun ..thanks!!

Coach,

There are many fun things to work on when coaching softball. You need to work on defensive situations, fielding grounders and fly balls, hitting the cutoff, and turning the double play just to name a few. Softball is a tough sport to learn as there are many situations. Try to pick-up some scrimmage games against another team, or have your girls scrimmage against each other to keep it fun.

Click on the following link to go to our coaching database and review our softball drills

Schann

Y-Coach.com - Coaching Database

I would also suggest Jennifer McFalls "Practice Planner" by Sports Traing Systems. We have used it for a few years now and it is awesome. You can buy it at most sport stores like Acadamey.

Go to this web site and take a look at it.

www.stsplanner.com

Good Luck !