Y-coach.com - Forum
hollad6636

Hold Fast Your Confession

Hold Fast Your Confession

Your confession is what you say. The Bible tells you to hang on tight to saying God's Word.

HEBREWS 10:23 NKJ

23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

God has no reason to tell us to hold fast, or hang on tight, to our confession, unless someone, or something, will be trying to get us to turn loose of it — and say something else.

HEBREWS 3:1 NKJ

1 Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus,

HEBREWS 4:14 NKJ

14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.

Jesus is the High Priest of our confession — what we say. He represents us before God with the words we speak.

The Bible says:

You are righteous in Christ. Romans 3:22

You are forgiven. Colossians 2:13

You are healed. 1 Peter 2:24

You are delivered from the devil. Colossians 1:13

You can do all things through Christ. Philippians 4:13

You are strong in the Lord. Ephesians 6:10

The Greater One is in you. 1 John 4:4

The Lord is guiding you. John 16:13

God is working in you. Philippians 2:13

The Lord is your helper. Hebrews 13:6

Jesus became poor to make you rich. 2 Corinthians 8:9

You may wonder why you should say what God says in the Bible about you. First, God is looking for faith, and second, it is the Word planted in your life that will make you free. Speaking God's Word is a way of planting it in you.

Yes, it can take faith to say what the Bible says about you.

Especially when you don't feel like it and the circumstances don't agree, either. But we have to choose: will we rely on our feelings, or God's Word? Do we trust the circumstances more than God's Word?

But you may say, "What the Word says is just not true in my life." You are the establishing witness. God has said something about you. Now when you come into agreement with Him, it will become manifest in your life.

MARK 11:23 NKJ

23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says.

Jesus told us that we will have whatever we say — if we believe it. It will come to pass. So you see why the devil tries to get us to quit saying God's Word, which will set us free.

SAY THIS: I will say what God says about me — regardless of my feelings or circumstances.