Y-coach.com - Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TeeDub23

What Offense Is This?

Alright, we played this team and they were little and well coached. But, they played the strangest offense. Since they were all below weight (under 75 Lbs) they all were 2 point stance tight on the LOS. They took 3 RB and had them crouch with their butts almost on the ground and they put their hands top down on the ground about 2 yards behind the center. They looked like they were crouching around a camp fire.

Because the line was standing 2 point stance, they would snap the ball in to the crouching kids and they would all stand up and sweep right. Mostly off tackle or around the 6 hole. They literally had 3 plays, but they did it so well, they were very hard to stop.

Our kids didnt know where the ball was and even though they ran off tackle 90% of the time, we couldnt stop them. They ate up 5 yard chunks every play.

Almost like a gimicky version of the Single Wing. How do you defend this formation?

Terry

6-2 or 6-3 mostly. I posted a .pdf of our formation on the Stopping the Sweep topic. I dont think we lined up well on the spacing and we had a hard time stopping them. They were a well coached team. They never broke one for a TD, but they did move down on us a couple times and score. We just couldnt really stop them getting 3-5 yards each time.

This is where I go back to the load up the outside triangle and dare them to attack our middle.

For one, I think this is a gimicky offense and is cheap. You will never see football players squatting with hands on the grass and run wildcat all day long. Even if I had an inferior team, I dont think I would teach this. That is about all it is good for is taking a small inferior team and giving them a chance to win. It doesnt teach hand offs, it doesnt teach proper offensive alignment with proper stances, it is simply a wildcat with as many blockers as you can sweep with. However, that is just me.

Looks like it is a Single Wing. You would be crucified if you said SW was gimmicky on their forum. Tell me, what is the triangle area?

6-2 or 6-3 mostly. I posted a .pdf of our formation on the Stopping the Sweep topic. I dont think we lined up well on the spacing and we had a hard time stopping them. They were a well coached team. They never broke one for a TD, but they did move down on us a couple times and score. We just couldnt really stop them getting 3-5 yards each time.

This is where I go back to the load up the outside triangle and dare them to attack our middle.

For one, I think this is a gimicky offense and is cheap. You will never see football players squatting with hands on the grass and run wildcat all day long. Even if I had an inferior team, I dont think I would teach this. That is about all it is good for is taking a small inferior team and giving them a chance to win. It doesnt teach hand offs, it doesnt teach proper offensive alignment with proper stances, it is simply a wildcat with as many blockers as you can sweep with. However, that is just me.