Y-coach.com - Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rconner

New Coach Need Help

:huh: Hi

I just volunteered to coach track for 1st and 2nd grade, and I really have no idea what I am getting ready to do, I have never ran, coached, or even watched track before.....but my son is wanting to do it this year and I guess it's never to late to learn.....my problem, I know the kids should warm up, but thats about all I know......How long, doing what kind of excerises, then what do I do at practices? run laps? I don't even know what a sprint is! or even if I spelled it right:blink: I am in over my head and was hoping someone could help me swim to the top. :rolleyes: hope someone can help me....got first practice coming up next week :unsure: Thanks a bunch!

:P Rosa

I Hve Ran Track for 15 Years and would gladly help on your tranning and all the good stuff . If you would like my help please reply and we can go from there.

P.S

Iam also trying to start my own team.

I apologize as forum director for not responding. I've been offline...I would be more than happy to assist you in anyway with any questions you have. I've been involved with coaching for 7 years now in USA track and field. Please email me with any questions. :rolleyes: