Y-coach.com - Forum
minor

No Run Zone Play

Had a play today and am hoping for some help please.

In the no run zone, if a receiver lines up on the line of scrimmage and at the snap does not more forward, is it legal for him to receive a pass and run forward?

I understand a pass behind the line of scrimmage is considered a running play but the coach is arguing on the line is not behind the line.

In my league, all passes must cross the line of scrimmage. In the no run zone, we like to throw a quick shovel pass to our slot receiver lined up away from the rusher. The QB is under center.

Have to check the rules under "Passing" to see what is considered a legal pass. Like horstada mentioned, I'm guessing a legal pass must be beyond the los.

• Like 1

Sorry should have said we use IFAF rules which say the forward pass must break the LOS. Some people are saying any forward pass counts but hat is not how I read the IFAF.

I think the IFAF rule is pretty clear then:

ARTICLE 3. Forward Pass Play: A legal forward pass play is the interval between the snap and when a legal forward pass beyond the scrimmage line is completed or intercepted

A great no run zone/goal line play that I run is a bunch formation where I line the kids up really close together, and they all go a different direction. Someone always ends up wide open in all the confusion.