Y-coach.com - Forum
Coach3

My Mission

It became clear too me tonight while watching my schools girls volleyballs team just how far our sports programs have fallen.After talking with some fans in the crowd and got some input about some of the comings/going and whats been going on as of say the last 5 years I thought too myself and found an inner strength I believe to really put my best foot forward in changing what I can change and hopefully the people around will rally.A rally cry if you will.People like to root for the underdog...accept in this case where only maybe half of the kids parents show up.Im not going to change my philospohies but theres going to be a more sense of urgency in how we do things and this is what Im going to and have to some extent conveyed to my team(Boys Basketball).This school desperately needs something too believe in.What I saw tonight was players pretty much going through the motions and not communicating like the opposing teams and as coach there's nothing more devastating than an opposing team doing that on your court with all there cheers and what have ya.I like supporting these teams as my fiancee and I have become close to these kids too the point they call her Mom and thats a great feeling.I remember asking 1 of the players tonight about the season and we began talking about the coaches now and back last year with whom was there 15 years as Volleyball coach.The story reminded me of that Hockey story Miracle on ice,some of the same stories.I know Im not there too be there friends but in essence you've gotta be able to show compassion to those who are doing there very best.I tell my boys you give me your very best and I'll never say a word,if you dont there's plenty of room besides me.But I'm also realistic too when I do a speech in the form of I cant guarantee you we win X amount of games but the opposing team will know they were in for a fight and WE DIDNT GIVE UP!!!Unlike my last coaching job coaching at another school not in our conference my brain didnt brainstorm this much and I fully accept the responsibilty for my players and there work habits,grades too some extent,and being able too look at them and tell'em I love each and everyone of you but when we step between the lines it's all business.Our practices will be harder this next year,our preparation will be forthcoming and undenying,our effort will never be challenged again not even by me and we will play as a team!!!Among alot of other factors those are ones that stand out the most.Everyone will have a role and they'll work as 1.Not too half ass going through the motions because thats the way it's always been and set that tone with the parents and players BEFORE the season starts so there is no doubt what were all about.I already cant wait.Trust me!!!

I commend you for taking up a very good cause. I started rebuilding a softball program three years ago along with another coach. The rewards have been great we went to state last year the first time ever for our little town. But it has not been without some pitfalls and stumbling. You will meet some opisition and you might get so discouraged that you want to quit. But dont I felt like giving up lots of time but never did. Now I have to keep the program going, THATS the hard part. Now I am going to try and weasel my way into the older boys basketball program that has not won a game in league in 4 years, And only won two games total in that time. The Softball program was no where near that far down so if I get in it wont be easy. Just stay with it you can make a differance if you want to.

Bobcats,

I agree don't give up no matter the obstacles you face. There are to few coaches out there like yourself who really care about the kids and the program.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Bobcats,

I agree don't give up no matter the obstacles you face. There are to few coaches out there like yourself who really care about the kids and the program.

Keep fighting the good fight.

I have never had as much fight in m and personal satisfaction as I have to see these kids make it and I want to be the 1 difference maker in there lives.The path is set no we must all walk down it and learn from one another.That this school cant seem to keep coaches is amazing but I have heard so many good things about how Im coming back and thats unheard of.I was trying to think how much that really matters even though there just kids.It's tough learning something different every year with a new coach and I can symphathize with that.Im planning on attending a nearby camp so I can gather ideas and build some momentum.