Y-coach.com - Forum
bobretro

Game Highlights On Youtube

I'm having a lot of fun posting highlights of my team's games on Youtube. I'ld love to see some of yours too! Gentlemen, start your uploads!

Here is my team's winning extra point on the last play of this season's first game (didn't get the touchdown on video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7ot0L_JhGk

Here is a nice run by my son during the second game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LPYkWsyyjI

Here is my son pulling a flag, notice how we teach them to hold the flag high after pulling it to help the ref out.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8ZT2uvyEmYQ

Bob

Here is a highlight video I put together of my son's best plays this Spring:

We put it together just for fun...

Make sure to watch the catch at 2:24 in the video. That was a hail mary pass that my son caught to win the game with no time remaining.

Edmond Raiders Football Watch 28
Like the way 28 doesn't look down even after people tried to pull his flag. Kept going up field and looked straight ahead.

Edmond Raiders Football Watch 28
Like the way 28 doesn't look down even after people tried to pull his flag. Kept going up field and looked straight ahead.
Yeah that #28 is fun to watch. Your defenses flag pulling looks really great too.

Thanks, that is my son. We work on going until the whistle all the time. I really think the head up thing comes from starting them young, pounding keeping your head up regardless of which position you play. The only time I want my guys lowering their head or looking down is while running a fake hand off or diving for a fumble. Good luck guys, enjoy the learning/discussion that takes place here.

I posted some video clips from our 3rd-4th grade team from 2008 and the kindergarten team this year. So far the kindergarten team has played very well and is unbeaten. Do a search on "Huskersinthehouse" for the video clips.

Good luck to all.

Husker Fan

Nice videos. Quick questions:

1. In your league are receivers allowed to run after the catch? I ask because as an example in Bulldogs 2008 B (at 1:00) the receiver catches the ball and the whistle blows. I've seen this in a few other videos from other folks---or maybe I'm just not seeing it correctly.

2. Are defenders allowed to dive for flags in your league? Players in our league (both offense and defense) are not allowed to leave their feet---and our officials are VERY strict on this. I wish they would change it, however.

Once again, thanks for sharing. I hope to have a parent film our games this season.

Nice videos. Quick questions:

1. In your league are receivers allowed to run after the catch? I ask because as an example in Bulldogs 2008 B (at 1:00) the receiver catches the ball and the whistle blows. I've seen this in a few other videos from other folks---or maybe I'm just not seeing it correctly.

2. Are defenders allowed to dive for flags in your league? Players in our league (both offense and defense) are not allowed to leave their feet---and our officials are, VERY strict on this. I wish they would change it, however.

Once again, thanks for sharing. I hope to have a parent film our games this season.

1. Yes, receivers can advance the ball. The play you were looking at was a touchdown thrown into the endzone.

2. Interesting question and an issue that has never been brought up in our league or addressed in our rule book. So, by default, it is allowed.

I posted some video clips from our 3rd-4th grade team from 2008 and the kindergarten team this year.
Cool clips, those little guys looked good.

Highlights from our 09.27.09 game today. Won 33-6, kids played well. Used Orange's QB switch play for a score, thanks Orange!

CRob

Highlights from our game on 10/25/09. Last reg season game, this was for the #1 spot going into the playoffs. We came out on top 31-0 and ended up #1 in the standings. Kids played off the hook! Vid is a bit long, but I use these more for my parents/kids.

CRob

Highlights from our game on 10/25/09. Last reg season game, this was for the #1 spot going into the playoffs. We came out on top 31-0 and ended up #1 in the standings. Kids played off the hook! Vid is a bit long, but I use these more for my parents/kids.

http://www.vimeo.com/7266721

CRob

Too cool Rob. I can tell the tip and swarm drills are really working for you. It was really snowing!! Don't et to see that down in Texas too much, but looks like alot of fun. Good Luck in the playoffs.

CRob:

Nice game. However, in Nebraska, coaches can't wear coats unless the temp drops below zero :)

We had one game snowed out this year and my 6 year was mad at the league all morning for cancelling. We could have used a little more of that heat that Texas_D is hording down there.

Hope all are having fun! Starting to work on the 1st-2nd Grade playbook for next year.

Husker Fan

I posted a highlight video of some of our games from this fall season.You can view the video here:http://vimeo.com/7879139Enjoy!!
Good stuff there coach. Are those 8-9's? I recognized quite a few of those plays from the forums. QB and receivers connected on some nice pass plays. Nice job putting all those clips together.

Been working on my tournament game vid, but basketball is eating up a good chunk of time these days.

I posted a highlight video of some of our games from this fall season.You can view the video here:http://vimeo.com/7879139Enjoy!!
Good stuff there coach. Are those 8-9's? I recognized quite a few of those plays from the forums. QB and receivers connected on some nice pass plays. Nice job putting all those clips together.

Been working on my tournament game vid, but basketball is eating up a good chunk of time these days.

Thanks Rob. Yes they are all 3rd/4th graders (mostly 4th graders this season). Looking forward to seeing your tournament video.

Highlights from playoffs. Still working on vid for our championship game, should be done soon.

http://www.vimeo.com/8143267

That was cool Rob. The intro was REALLY good!! That #19 had some awesome runs in that game. I like the tease at the end too.

Do you mind if I ask what program you use to do your video editing? I really like the way you are able to slow things down and point stuff out in the video.

Do you mind if I ask what program you use to do your video editing? I really like the way you are able to slow things down and point stuff out in the video.
I use Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0, there are others like Sony Vegas, Pinnacle, etc. Should be able to find something easy to use under $100. The challenging part is getting through the learning curve of editing.

Tex,

what kind of ball do you use and what kind of ball do other leagues use? Your ball looks lighter in color than a regular football.

The ball we use seems very hard and either hurts their fingers when catching or hurts a lot if it hits their bodies. Age is from 6-10.

Bando

I use Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0, there are others like Sony Vegas, Pinnacle, etc. Should be able to find something easy to use under $100. The challenging part is getting through the learning curve of editing.

Tex,

what kind of ball do you use and what kind of ball do other leagues use? Your ball looks lighter in color than a regular football.

The ball we use seems very hard and either hurts their fingers when catching or hurts a lot if it hits their bodies. Age is from 6-10.

Bando

That is an interesting looking ball, greyish in color. I haven't seen one like that used. Our rulebook says the following about the ball:

The game ball shall be a conventional football constructed of leather,

rubber, or similar material. The ball must be inflatable and have

seams.

The allowable sizes vary by age group:

6U and 8U: Mikasa – Model F5505 or Champro “Pee Wee Size”

10U and 12U: Mikasa – Model F5506 or Champro “Junior Size”

15U: Mikasa– Model 55-07 or Champro “Youth Size”

The offensive team has the option of substituting another ball in place

of the standard one, subject to approval by the League. In general, a

conventional football which is no smaller than the standard one will be

approved. Unconventional balls will not be approved; this includes

Nerf balls and others constructed of unusual materials.

The league provided us with some cheap hard rubbery Wilson balls. Since we could use our own ball our team mostly used a Nike Spiral Tech. I would very slightly under inflate the ball to make it a little softer. I say under inflate but it was just barely so, not illegal but on the side of being a little soft.

The other thing I do is have the quarterback chose his own football before the game. I was more concerned about the quarterback having a good grip than anything.

The receivers should be catching the ball with their hands away from their bodies and once they become solid hand catchers, they won't get hurt by the ball.

i-9 issues the balls every yr. Last two years we've played with a Mikasa – Model F5506, that was the ball used in the tourney. It's pretty big for some of my younger players. No grey balls, they were all brown.