#46 Coach J Hemi

Coach J Hemi

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Coaching Youth Football.

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:39 AM

Flag football is a great way for young children to burn some energy, while learn about physical education and football. Flag football is always fun to play at all ages. Flag is non-contact which is good for parents that think there child will get hurt playing contact (even though that is incorrect).

Coach Jeff
Check out Coach Jeff's Blog http://www.youthfootballonline.com for free plays, coaching tips and articles. We have a full line of coaching and practice equipment as well.

TeamSnap!

#47 RoyalFlush18

RoyalFlush18

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

Flag is non-contact which is good for parents that think there child will get hurt playing contact (even though that is incorrect).

Coach Jeff

After 3 seasons of flag football, I consider myself lucky we have not had a significant injury on the field. The kids play hard, often taking awkward falls and collisions due to the fact they are not braced for impact since it is "Flag" and all. I'm always worried about a knee to the head or a head bouncing off the turf.

#48 Frazier50

Frazier50

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:50 PM

Hi everyone,

My name is Joe and I live in Michigan. Along with alot of other people here I did play alot of football growing up, even started to play the Dlll level in college, but soon found college was hard enough with out football too.

I started coaching 6-8th grade kids about 7 years ago, but had to put it on hold when my first son was born. I just started back up coaching flag football this fall. I have the k-1 team ......tons of fun!

Thanks for all you... and the information your willing to pass along.

Joe Frazier

#49 hollad6636

hollad6636

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:31 PM

Hey Coach,

Welcome to the forums. It sounds like you have a lot of experience so I am looking forward to seeing your input. Good luck with your season.

#50 emoore613

emoore613

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:07 AM

Greetings Everyone. My name is Ed from a suburb of Kansas City. I have coached soccer for my now 7 yr old for the past 3 years & am now coaching soccer for my 4 yr old. I am also coaching 1st/2nd grade flag f-ball. I played Football in HS & excited to be coaching. this is a great site with lots of useful info.

Thanks

#51 hollad6636

hollad6636

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:59 PM

Ed,

Welcome to the forums and good luck with your season. Fire away with your questions as there are plenty of coaches who are more than willing to assist and don't hold back on any insights that you feel might benefit all of us.

#52 Techfu

Techfu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

My name is Steve, I live in Northeast Indiana, and I've been coaching 6 on 6 flag football for the last 3 years. I made the 'mistake' of checking the box indicating that I would help out with my boys teams whe we registered the first year and was summarily made head coach of both teams. :blink: Talk about a trial by fire and learning on your feet! Boy has it been an adventure, sometimes a bit (ok a lot) crazy, but it has been a whole lot of fun for all of us and I have learned a lot about myself and about my kids in the process. I have a 12 yr old son that is moving on to tackle next season and 8yr old boy/girl twins that will keep me in flag for another 3 or 4 years. I am a recovering klutz and had a few tragic years of youth sports before giving in to the inevitable and retiring my cleats for good. I am an avid Colts fan, and am still mourning the loss of Manning, but looking forward to watching the new squad take shape this year.

I'm an IT Manager for a construction company, but I also pastor a small church and am currently finishing seminary, so I keep pretty busy.

I have really enjoyed reading the posts on this site and have learned a lot doing so. I only wish I would have stumbled on this forum 3 years ago! :D

#53 VolsDad

VolsDad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

Hey all,

I am a newbie to coaching flag football or any sport at all.  My son is now playing 4-6 8 v 8 flag football and I've decided to help assistant coach.  So far we've played one game and done well and I truly enjoyed it.  I think I enjoy it almost as much as my 5 year old does.  It is a bit overwhelming dealing with attention spans but still worth it.  Looking forward to reading all types of advice/suggestions.

#54 delvis

delvis

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:I coach Girls NFL Flag Football, 5 on 5.

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

I was on here before then dropped off the forum.

I started coaching 5 on 5 flag as an assistant in the Fall 2009. Spring 2010 was an assistant again. Fall of 2010 to present (Fall 2013) I have been head coach of the Girls NFL CP Chiefs.

Had real success in my third season through 6th or 7th. Girls NFL Flag 8-11 year olds. Had 5 straight Championship games. Won three in a row. Was undefeated during those three seasons.

Then half my team aged up to 12-14 division. I kept the 8-11 and did 12-14. Both teams suffered and it was like starting over.  Made a few more Super Bowls at both ages since but did not win.

Now Fall 2013 I have just the 12-14 age team.  Rebuilding again and a few old players came back.

Off to a 2-1 start but the team we play this week took #3 in the Nation at the Regionals.

Glad to be back and posted my playbook on forum.

Coach Del