2 replies to this topic

#1 wild man

wild man

Coach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:03 PM

I have coached about 10 years now and the draft for the up coming season will be upon us soon. I have always had a pretty good team but decided to ask 40 year vetran advice for the draft. Here are his words of wisdom exatcly as said: "Its simple you draft the best pitcher first If you dont get him draft the one with the best looking mother"

TeamSnap!

#2 CoachMc

CoachMc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

I have coached about 10 years now and the draft for the up coming season will be upon us soon. I have always had a pretty good team but decided to ask 40 year vetran advice for the draft. Here are his words of wisdom exatcly as said: "Its simple you draft the best pitcher first If you dont get him draft the one with the best looking mother"

Thats how we pick our bottom picks. :)
Its like an unwritten rule
Brian

Don't Pay to much for a youth baseball bat
http://youth-baseball-bats.youth-baseball-equipment.com/

Coaching Youth Baseball
http://coaching-youth-baseball.com/

#3 slogar1

slogar1

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Coaching youth football 12 years<br />Coached youth baseball for 20 years<br />Coached youth softball 7 years<br />Umpired youth baseball 28 years

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:56 PM

You guys are funny. But seriously, I always drated the best pitcher(s) first because the ones that don't start that day are usually your SS/1B. We used to joke about drafting the ones with the best looking mothers. One thing I learned after 20 years, and this may sound mean and certainly is not always true, I stopped drafting kids with single mothers. I REPEAT, this is not always the case, but I've had more trouble from singles mothers over the years than everyone else combined.