#16 Husker Fan

Husker Fan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:17 PM

CRob:

Nice game. However, in Nebraska, coaches can't wear coats unless the temp drops below zero :)

We had one game snowed out this year and my 6 year was mad at the league all morning for cancelling. We could have used a little more of that heat that Texas_D is hording down there.

Hope all are having fun! Starting to work on the 1st-2nd Grade playbook for next year.

Husker Fan

#17 Texas_D_Coach

Texas_D_Coach

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:39 PM

I posted a highlight video of some of our games from this fall season.

You can view the video here:

View on Vimeo.

Enjoy!!

#18 Coach Rob

Coach Rob

Ineligible Receiver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors.

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:48 PM

I posted a highlight video of some of our games from this fall season.You can view the video here:http://vimeo.com/7879139Enjoy!!

Good stuff there coach. Are those 8-9's? I recognized quite a few of those plays from the forums. QB and receivers connected on some nice pass plays. Nice job putting all those clips together.

Been working on my tournament game vid, but basketball is eating up a good chunk of time these days.
-CRob

#19 Texas_D_Coach

Texas_D_Coach

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:29 AM

I posted a highlight video of some of our games from this fall season.You can view the video here:http://vimeo.com/7879139Enjoy!!

Good stuff there coach. Are those 8-9's? I recognized quite a few of those plays from the forums. QB and receivers connected on some nice pass plays. Nice job putting all those clips together.

Been working on my tournament game vid, but basketball is eating up a good chunk of time these days.

Thanks Rob. Yes they are all 3rd/4th graders (mostly 4th graders this season). Looking forward to seeing your tournament video.

#20 Coach Rob

Coach Rob

Ineligible Receiver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:59 PM

Highlights from playoffs. Still working on vid for our championship game, should be done soon.

View on Vimeo.

-CRob

#21 Texas_D_Coach

Texas_D_Coach

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:23 PM

Highlights from playoffs. Still working on vid for our championship game, should be done soon.

View on Vimeo.

That was cool Rob. The intro was REALLY good!! That #19 had some awesome runs in that game. I like the tease at the end too.

Do you mind if I ask what program you use to do your video editing? I really like the way you are able to slow things down and point stuff out in the video.

#22 Coach Rob

Coach Rob

Ineligible Receiver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:34 PM

Do you mind if I ask what program you use to do your video editing? I really like the way you are able to slow things down and point stuff out in the video.

I use Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0, there are others like Sony Vegas, Pinnacle, etc. Should be able to find something easy to use under $100. The challenging part is getting through the learning curve of editing.
-CRob

#23 bando

bando

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:59 AM

Tex,

what kind of ball do you use and what kind of ball do other leagues use? Your ball looks lighter in color than a regular football.

The ball we use seems very hard and either hurts their fingers when catching or hurts a lot if it hits their bodies. Age is from 6-10.

Bando

I use Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0, there are others like Sony Vegas, Pinnacle, etc. Should be able to find something easy to use under $100. The challenging part is getting through the learning curve of editing.

#24 Orange

Orange

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:29 AM

Tex,

what kind of ball do you use and what kind of ball do other leagues use? Your ball looks lighter in color than a regular football.

The ball we use seems very hard and either hurts their fingers when catching or hurts a lot if it hits their bodies. Age is from 6-10.

Bando

That is an interesting looking ball, greyish in color. I haven't seen one like that used. Our rulebook says the following about the ball:

The game ball shall be a conventional football constructed of leather,
rubber, or similar material. The ball must be inflatable and have
seams.

The allowable sizes vary by age group:
6U and 8U: Mikasa – Model F5505 or Champro “Pee Wee Size”
10U and 12U: Mikasa – Model F5506 or Champro “Junior Size”
15U: Mikasa– Model 55-07 or Champro “Youth Size”

The offensive team has the option of substituting another ball in place
of the standard one, subject to approval by the League. In general, a
conventional football which is no smaller than the standard one will be
approved. Unconventional balls will not be approved; this includes
Nerf balls and others constructed of unusual materials.

The league provided us with some cheap hard rubbery Wilson balls. Since we could use our own ball our team mostly used a Nike Spiral Tech. I would very slightly under inflate the ball to make it a little softer. I say under inflate but it was just barely so, not illegal but on the side of being a little soft.

The other thing I do is have the quarterback chose his own football before the game. I was more concerned about the quarterback having a good grip than anything.

The receivers should be catching the ball with their hands away from their bodies and once they become solid hand catchers, they won't get hurt by the ball.

#25 Coach Rob

Coach Rob

Ineligible Receiver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:17 PM

i-9 issues the balls every yr. Last two years we've played with a Mikasa – Model F5506, that was the ball used in the tourney. It's pretty big for some of my younger players. No grey balls, they were all brown.
-CRob

#26 Orange

Orange

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:41 PM

I-9 had the Mikasa ball for us to use also. Each team got one to practice with and that was the default game ball also. I didn't really care for it and neither did my players. But our team, like pretty much every other team in our league, used our own ball. One team even used one that was a little small and had a sweet grip on it. One of my assistants brought it over to me between side changes. IT would have probably been ruled illegal but we were beating the other team pretty good so I didn't care. The refs always give a team the option of using the other one's ball just so nobody has an advantage. But you didn't see that happen.

#27 Texas_D_Coach

Texas_D_Coach

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:53 PM

Tex,

Bando

We use a Wilson junior size "Menace" Football. In our league each team can use whatever brand or type of football they want, so long as it is close to the regulation size for their particular age group. Our age group 9-10 uses junior size.

We began the season using a Wilson TDJ leather football, but like you said, alot of kids were dropping passes because the ends of the ball are pretty hard. So I went to the local sports & outdoors store and found this green and grey football that you see in our video. The ball is rubber, but it is softer than other rubber balls I've found, and has excellent grip. I put a couple pictures of it below. Our second choice would be the Nike spiral tech that Orange mentioned.

Attached Files

#28 Coach Rob

Coach Rob

Ineligible Receiver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:06 AM

Our game in the finals - Fall 2009.

View on Vimeo.

-CRob

#29 Texas_D_Coach

Texas_D_Coach

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:34 PM

Our game in the finals - Fall 2009.

View on Vimeo.

Good stuff there Rob!!

#30 Coach Rob

Coach Rob

Ineligible Receiver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:30 AM

Too cool Rob. I can tell the tip and swarm drills are really working for you. It was really snowing!! Don't et to see that down in Texas too much, but looks like alot of fun. Good Luck in the playoffs.

checked out your latest and greatest. your kids are looking good, recognized a lot of those plays. some of those chief players were 3 times as big as some of your kids.
-CRob