71 replies to this topic

#46 whiskey.alpha

whiskey.alpha

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:27 PM

Enjoying this thread. Great videos. Here are a few highlight reels from central Texas. 8/9 year olds. We play them up a division.

NFL Flag Football - Winter 2011 (4m 30s)

NFL Flag Football - Summer 2011 (14m 30s)

#47 TeeDub23

TeeDub23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

LOVE THESE!!!! You are a talented videographer. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

Your kids are 8/9 and playing in the 10/11 age bracket? How old is you QB, he looked big. Did I tell you I liked the videos?

#48 whiskey.alpha

whiskey.alpha

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:17 PM

LOVE THESE!!!! You are a talented videographer. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

Your kids are 8/9 and playing in the 10/11 age bracket? How old is you QB, he looked big. Did I tell you I liked the videos?

Thanks. Our kids get a kick out of the video yearbooks, and that makes them worth doing.

QB is 8 y/o, but super tall + great footwork. Our league brackets vary with enrollment, but are based upon grade. The divisions we play typically end up 3/4 or 4/5. This fall, all the action is in 3/4, which is now our appropriate bracket. I think there are 20+ teams. Don’t know how we’ll do, but it’s going to be fun.

We started playing up last year, and while we dominated i9 leagues, we got our heads rolled first season in NFL. However, I don’t regret the decision. History has shown our core kids tend to play up/down to our opponent’s level, and being the underdog each week has made our team so much better. These days, we may or may not get the win, but each game is a dogfight into the fourth quarter. It’s fun to watch, and an absolute pleasure to coach.

#49 TeeDub23

TeeDub23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:03 AM

I dont want to highjack this tread, but what video software do you use and how do you get those videos to look so good on YouTube? I play around with video editing and have an older version of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects. I have a Sony HD Camcorder that records in 1080i. So, typically, I capture the mpeg4 HD video and then have to compress it down and that is when I lose the quality.

I have got to the point where I dont edit the mpeg4 and just upload the HD video to google for the parents to watch. That limits me to just putting a play or two out there because of the size of the file. For example, here is a short play I uploaded to Google for parents.

Blaze Go Route Pass

My 7/8 year old football team. I also loved the way you put there names embedded in the background in that one video.

Thanks!

#50 whiskey.alpha

whiskey.alpha

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:05 AM

I dont want to highjack this tread, but what video software do you use and how do you get those videos to look so good on YouTube? I play around with video editing and have an older version of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects. I have a Sony HD Camcorder that records in 1080i. So, typically, I capture the mpeg4 HD video and then have to compress it down and that is when I lose the quality.

I use same hardware/software. Sony 1080 HD cam, Adobe Premiere and AE. For online sharing, I render to 720p in H.264, single pass, 6-10Mbps bitrate. There are probably better settings, but this works for me in terms of balancing quality + filesize.

#51 Coach Rob

Coach Rob

Ineligible Receiver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors.

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:41 AM

great vids! you have a well oiled machine there, hate to see the teams that beat you, sheesh.
-CRob

#52 whiskey.alpha

whiskey.alpha

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:44 AM

ATX Falcons have a new video. Something to get the kids fired up: (1m 40s)

#53 Debashis Bagchi

Debashis Bagchi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:36 AM

I've definitely found the right place. People here think I'm crazy for how much time and attention I put into coaching but its a combination of 2 things I love most- my children and my favorite sport.

Been coaching 3 seasons of 5/5 5-6 year old flag football here in Phoenix. We have a few good leagues here with about 8 teams in our age division, pretty intense competition among the top 3-4 teams. First season we were 4-4 and lost in the playoffs 1st round. Second season we were 6-2 and lost in the championship. This past Fall we finished 15-0-1, on the championship and then also won a Valley-wide championship tournament consisting of all the teams. Biggest things I learned was to not get caught up so much in offense and really commit 70-80% of practice time to defensive fundamentals. A great defense is an equalizer. This past fall our kids only allowed 6 ppg. And we did this with a roster of 10 kids who all got equal playing time. The DBs always pushed runners inside and the middle 3 gobble the plays up.

Offensively I worked on the passing game against weaker opponents but against the great teams, its really the reverses, double reverses that get it done b/c most teams in this age division fall badly for misdirection. Trying to throw against the older, faster teams was a challenge b/c the QB has to lead the receiver which is easier said than done at this age. That being said, my son was the QB. In his 3 seasons he ended with 23 touchdowns, 2 interceptions and about a 65% completion rate. At least 90% of his passes were inside of 7 yards but he could get it out to the 10-12 yard range. Beyond that was an adventure.

Here is video of their playoff run from this past season. Love reading about all of your kids and experiences. Thanks for allowing me to be part of your board.

#54 Coach Rob

Coach Rob

Ineligible Receiver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:05 PM

I've definitely found the right place. People here think I'm crazy for how much time and attention I put into coaching but its a combination of 2 things I love most- my children and my favorite sport.

Man, keep that team together. They'd be off the hook in a few more years.
-CRob

#55 Texas_D_Coach

Texas_D_Coach

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

Whiskey, your vids are absolutely amazing. Not sure what your day job is but I'd bet you could have a second in the cinematography/editing world if you so choose.

Your team looks great too. Their fakes and execution are killer!!

We are playing in the Cedar Park 5th/6th grade winter league again this year. Looks like you play South Austin, but it'd be fun to catch one of your games if you guys ever play North...

#56 rushbuster70

rushbuster70

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:28 AM

I know i dont coach flag anymore but hopefully you guys all remember me...heres some of my teams tackle stuff.

RB Run-This RB was probably the most physical kid in the league.Best athlete i've ever coached in my life.

TD Pass

AZPanthersFootball.org

#57 whiskey.alpha

whiskey.alpha

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

Whiskey, your vids are absolutely amazing. Not sure what your day job is but I'd bet you could have a second in the cinematography/editing world if you so choose.

Your team looks great too. Their fakes and execution are killer!!

We are playing in the Cedar Park 5th/6th grade winter league again this year. Looks like you play South Austin, but it'd be fun to catch one of your games if you guys ever play North...

Thanks. We played a season at Murchison a few years ago, but that was as far north as we've been. Last several seasons we've played 3/4 or 3/4/5 in South Austin, Westlake, Regents, etc.

We've got a pretty solid pee wee team shaping up in i9 south (4 & 5 y/o). They're moving to NFL in Spring. You can tell the boys all have older brothers. Lots of fun. (3m 01s):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcHJqbj-i2M

#58 Coach Rob

Coach Rob

Ineligible Receiver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:12 PM

I know i dont coach flag anymore but hopefully you guys all remember me...heres some of my teams tackle stuff.RB Run-This RB was probably the most physical kid in the league.Best athlete i've ever coached in my life.

Hey Rush! That kid definitely has the RB mentality, the ref was lucky he didn't mow him down.

We've got a pretty solid pee wee team shaping up in i9 south (4 & 5 y/o). They're moving to NFL in Spring. You can tell the boys all have older brothers.

Another great vid. You keep those boys together and that could turn into a great team. Just remember us when you're rich and famous. heh
-CRob

#59 wmsaunders

wmsaunders

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

here are some highlights from my latest game. (NFL Flag - Ages 7-9 - 5x5)

#60 TeeDub23

TeeDub23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

Playing around with a newer version of Premiere Pro and using slow motion. Several clips from this past weekend. 2nd/3rd grade 5v5. For some reason, google defaults to a lower quality, if you click the little gear in the lower right corner, you can select 720p HD and it is better quality video (even on full screen). Not quite Whiskey Alpha quality video, but slow mo turned out pretty smooth. Click here.

https://docs.google....N2xNa29UM0lGYXM

How are you getting these videos to embed in the forum? Thanks.