• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 bobretro

bobretro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:36 AM

I'm having a lot of fun posting highlights of my team's games on Youtube. I'ld love to see some of yours too! Gentlemen, start your uploads!

Here is my team's winning extra point on the last play of this season's first game (didn't get the touchdown on video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7ot0L_JhGk

Here is a nice run by my son during the second game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LPYkWsyyjI

Here is my son pulling a flag, notice how we teach them to hold the flag high after pulling it to help the ref out.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8ZT2uvyEmYQ

Bob

#2 Texas_D_Coach

Texas_D_Coach

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:01 PM

Here is a highlight video I put together of my son's best plays this Spring:

We put it together just for fun...

Make sure to watch the catch at 2:24 in the video. That was a hail mary pass that my son caught to win the game with no time remaining.

#3 Crimson Pride

Crimson Pride

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:11 PM

YouTube

Edmond Raiders Football

Watch 28

YouTube

Edmond Bills Football

Watch my 5-6 year olds dominate!!!

#4 Coach Rob

Coach Rob

Ineligible Receiver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors.

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:51 PM

Edmond Raiders Football Watch 28

Like the way 28 doesn't look down even after people tried to pull his flag. Kept going up field and looked straight ahead.
-CRob

#5 Texas_D_Coach

Texas_D_Coach

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:39 PM

Edmond Raiders Football Watch 28

Like the way 28 doesn't look down even after people tried to pull his flag. Kept going up field and looked straight ahead.

Yeah that #28 is fun to watch. Your defenses flag pulling looks really great too.

#6 Crimson Pride

Crimson Pride

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:28 PM

Thanks, that is my son. We work on going until the whistle all the time. I really think the head up thing comes from starting them young, pounding keeping your head up regardless of which position you play. The only time I want my guys lowering their head or looking down is while running a fake hand off or diving for a fumble. Good luck guys, enjoy the learning/discussion that takes place here.

#7 Husker Fan

Husker Fan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:49 PM

I posted some video clips from our 3rd-4th grade team from 2008 and the kindergarten team this year. So far the kindergarten team has played very well and is unbeaten. Do a search on "Huskersinthehouse" for the video clips.

Good luck to all.

Husker Fan

#8 Johnp2

Johnp2

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:45 AM

Nice videos. Quick questions:

1. In your league are receivers allowed to run after the catch? I ask because as an example in Bulldogs 2008 B (at 1:00) the receiver catches the ball and the whistle blows. I've seen this in a few other videos from other folks---or maybe I'm just not seeing it correctly.

2. Are defenders allowed to dive for flags in your league? Players in our league (both offense and defense) are not allowed to leave their feet---and our officials are VERY strict on this. I wish they would change it, however.

Once again, thanks for sharing. I hope to have a parent film our games this season.

#9 Husker Fan

Husker Fan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:15 AM

Nice videos. Quick questions:

1. In your league are receivers allowed to run after the catch? I ask because as an example in Bulldogs 2008 B (at 1:00) the receiver catches the ball and the whistle blows. I've seen this in a few other videos from other folks---or maybe I'm just not seeing it correctly.

2. Are defenders allowed to dive for flags in your league? Players in our league (both offense and defense) are not allowed to leave their feet---and our officials are, VERY strict on this. I wish they would change it, however.

Once again, thanks for sharing. I hope to have a parent film our games this season.

1. Yes, receivers can advance the ball. The play you were looking at was a touchdown thrown into the endzone.

2. Interesting question and an issue that has never been brought up in our league or addressed in our rule book. So, by default, it is allowed.

#10 Coach Rob

Coach Rob

Ineligible Receiver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:36 PM

I posted some video clips from our 3rd-4th grade team from 2008 and the kindergarten team this year.

Cool clips, those little guys looked good.
-CRob

#11 Coach Rob

Coach Rob

Ineligible Receiver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:10 PM

Highlights from our 09.27.09 game today. Won 33-6, kids played well. Used Orange's QB switch play for a score, thanks Orange!

View on Vimeo.

CRob
-CRob

#12 Coach Rob

Coach Rob

Ineligible Receiver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:58 PM

A few clips from our 10.04.09 game today. Won 38-14, kids all contributed.

View on Vimeo.

-CRob

#13 Texas_D_Coach

Texas_D_Coach

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:54 AM

Highlights from our 09.27.09 game today. Won 33-6, kids played well. Used Orange's QB switch play for a score, thanks Orange!

View on Vimeo.

CRob

Great stuff there Rob. The interception near the end by 17 was really awesome!!

#14 Coach Rob

Coach Rob

Ineligible Receiver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:51 AM

Highlights from our game on 10/25/09. Last reg season game, this was for the #1 spot going into the playoffs. We came out on top 31-0 and ended up #1 in the standings. Kids played off the hook! Vid is a bit long, but I use these more for my parents/kids.

View on Vimeo.

CRob
-CRob

#15 Texas_D_Coach

Texas_D_Coach

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:25 AM

Highlights from our game on 10/25/09. Last reg season game, this was for the #1 spot going into the playoffs. We came out on top 31-0 and ended up #1 in the standings. Kids played off the hook! Vid is a bit long, but I use these more for my parents/kids.

View on Vimeo.

CRob

Too cool Rob. I can tell the tip and swarm drills are really working for you. It was really snowing!! Don't et to see that down in Texas too much, but looks like alot of fun. Good Luck in the playoffs.