6 replies to this topic

#1 jbyars

jbyars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:13 PM

Coaches,

I've uploaded an example of our Spring 2011 Playbook.
This is the most recent revision but obviously still needs some work.

You'll notice each position has a color, shape, and number.
This allows the kids to catch on faster during practice.
It also confuses defenses by allowing 3 different calls (color, shape, number) for the same play.
In addition you can call an audible color should a receiver come open.
Lastly we sometimes will call 2 colors for a HB pass. (i.e. Balanced-Purple-Red-Go).

Bear in mind most of these plays and information has been gathered through this forum.
All I did was modify some of the plays for 10U and add the color, shape scheme. Thanks to all who helped provide the plays.
Let me know your thoughts.

JB

Attached Files

TeamSnap!

#2 patandsu

patandsu

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:51 AM

JB, I love the way you put eveything intoa presentation wih visuals! Although I like your practice agenda, for me, and many of us, we only get 1 practice during the week, which makes teaching anything more than the basics tough. I will be using some of your drills though, as the visuals will help my team see what we want to accomplish. Great work and good luck on the season.

#3 jbyars

jbyars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:08 AM

JB, I love the way you put eveything intoa presentation wih visuals! Although I like your practice agenda, for me, and many of us, we only get 1 practice during the week, which makes teaching anything more than the basics tough. I will be using some of your drills though, as the visuals will help my team see what we want to accomplish. Great work and good luck on the season.

Thanks I appreciate it. The practice agenda is more of a checklist of what we try and accomplish over the season. The more volunteers and asst. coaches I have the faster we can get through the drills. We break them up into groups of 3 kids. The agenda also helps should I not be available one practice.

#4 KickABuck

KickABuck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:54 AM

Great playbook!

You pulled a lot of stuff I was searching on in a tight presentation.

KickABuck

#5 HI_fan

HI_fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

Awesome playbook. Explanations and visuals are especially helpful for a first-time coach like me. Great work.

#6 yreme

yreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

Thank you I have reviewed most every playbook and then some and have found this to be the most well thought out I have seen.

#7 smashsteel

smashsteel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:football

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

That playbook is incredible. Well done man!!!