• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jbyars

jbyars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

We are trying to implement motion out of a balanced offense ( 5 on 5 ); however, it seems to get blown up in the backfield when the defense rushes. Any thoughts or tips on how to successfully implement a motion or some alternatives that are just as effective ?

#2 RoyalFlush18

RoyalFlush18

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Why are you using motion? What do you want to accomplish.

What type of motion? Jet Sweep, across the formation, mouse, motioning the Back into the flat?

#3 TeeDub23

TeeDub23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Coach, I agree, what are you trying to do with motion? What age group is this? Motion is used to create an unbalanced line or to give your team a numbers advantage at the point of attack. I assume you are using motion before the snap?

If you are in the younger ages, I would think that most teams will play you in a standard zone. Just line them up with trips right or left and make them stop you. Most teams will not move and stay in their zone 2-3 or 3-2. If you are playing in the older age groups, the might adjust over. I can understand using motion then to cause some confusion, but I doubt it.

Very rarely do I see motion in youth flag football. Unless they play man. I have seen teams stack 3 kids on the left, have a center and QB and the defense stays in the zone defense. Flood the left and you are basically playing 4 on 2 because they are rushing you and have a safety on the right side and a LB on the right side. That leaves the left CB and the left LB to guard all those kids.

Just my 2 cents.