1 reply to this topic

#1 Coach7

Coach7

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:53 PM

Recently I posted a question in here about proper form for a body weight squat. I was directed by someone here (Brian I think) to a web site, but that site had no technique specific information at all. Can we try again?

TeamSnap!

#2 KWILSON512

KWILSON512

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:50 AM

Recently I posted a question in here about proper form for a body weight squat. I was directed by someone here (Brian I think) to a web site, but that site had no technique specific information at all. Can we try again?

◦Position feet slightly wider then hip-width apart with your toes slightly turned out
◦Hold your hands out in front of you at shoulder height. This will counter balance your weight and help you keep your balance
◦Slowly and under control bend your knees and lower yourself down as far as you can without lifting your heels off the floor and then after a brief pause at the bottom push your weight back up until you are back at the starting position
◦Do 10 to 15 repetitions to finish one set before resting. You can repeat the set, but use your own discretion as to how much you can manage