I was just curious what your practice schedules look like? With only (1) 1.5 hr practice per week and a "rookie" core, there is not a lot of time to cover everything we need to work on. I like to spend the last 40 minutes scrimaging and 10-15 minutes on flag pulling.
Do you all incorporate dry running offensive and defensive plays or do you just practice plays during scrimages?
(3) game day issues I have found to be most frustrating that needs work:
1) Players (again 7 and 8 year olds) forgetting their assignments from the huddle to the LOS.
2) Players not running after "HUT", "HIKE" or "GO" only after they get the ball.
3) Players chasing the ball rather than staying in their zone and the ball carrier zig zagging 45 yds for a TD.
govolsMember Since 26 Sep 2008
Offline Last Active Oct 29 2008 10:59 AM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 11
- Profile Views 996
- Member Title Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
0 Average Coach