Y-coach.com - Forum
Sign in to follow this  
winston

Football Coaching Supplies?

I am not looking for Football supplies but for Coaching supplies, accessories, like plastic notepads for when it's raining, coaches bags e.t.c, where is the cheapest place on the net for this please? Thanks.

When I'm looking for specific products I type the product into the Google search bar and look at the product comparison sites like the "Biz Rate" site, which finds the product and pits several suppliers and their prices. There are other similar to BizRate, Google will help you well. Also look on eBay. They have more stuff than God. Same deal, type in the product you want and bid away!

I buy local. For what I think I save in $$, that comes out of my community. I also like having a supplier I can call who I know. Personal preference.

I always use the search funtiions when looking for anything but the problem here is, I don't know the names of the actual supplies, for example, I once saw a Coach with a sort of flat plastic folder which he uses in case it rains and it is the rain/snow protective stuff I am looking for but just don't know the names so I figure if I can get a link to a store that specializes in this type of stuff, then I will look thorugh the catalog and then go look for the individual products that I need, is there any cheap store out there that specializes in Coaching supplies? Thanks for the tips on buying local though, this makes sense since I won't have to pay for shipping but the problem here is that the local sporting goods stores don't realy have anything to talk about in this field.

Thanks for the tip but I am more leaning towards the plastic folder/container that I saw this one Coach using a while back, why I like this one is becuase it is more like a flat container than a folder and it opens from the bottom up, this is good because you can have a few different paper products in plastic sleeves one on top of each other and can move any of them to the top of the pile and see everything that's written on that paper while looking though the container so there is no need to continuosly keep opening and closing the lid getting water into the foler/container.

I run by my local office store from time to time and just look around. Get teh names of the products you like and then you can go do the google search on line to shop for a cheaper price.

I am a bit old-school - I carry a clipboard with paper on it. I have bought self-laminating sheets in the past and just stuck those to the play call sheets and carry an overhead projector marker. I use those with a whiteboard that I sometimes carry. Mostly, what I find is I just use the clipboard and paper - the others I keep for backup in the event of bad weather.

W,

I use a similar item when i work outside with papers in inclement weather. It's plastic, has a clip (like a clipboard), a calculator on the hinge end and opens up to a compartment that will hold legal size paper. I got it at Staples Office supply. Mine isw solid black, not exactly see through, but I'm sure they exist, Staples has an online store. It was around $12.

Hey thanks, will check out staples and also I will see that Coach most likely this evening and get the info from him, will post back here so you all can take a look at the item if wish.

Thanks for the tip but I am more leaning towards the plastic folder/container that I saw this one Coach using a while back, why I like this one is becuase it is more like a flat container than a folder and it opens from the bottom up, this is good because you can have a few different paper products in plastic sleeves one on top of each other and can move any of them to the top of the pile and see everything that's written on that paper while looking though the container so there is no need to continuosly keep opening and closing the lid getting water into the foler/container.

Coach with mine .I took all my plays and shrunk them so I have 4 on a page then I have my cover sheet with all the play calls. I have all the sheet laminated and punched a hole through the corner and put a key ring on it. Its all protected and easy to look through. I don't use it much now ,because I run a no huddle ,so I have to be fast in calling my plays in with hand signals.. But it works great when I do huddle them. Good luck!