Y-coach.com - Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alex654

Having Trouble Waiting On The Ball!

Im having a very hard time waiting on the ball this year. It should be easy to fix but I have not been able to. The coach tells me im over anxious and to just get the timeing down. We have played 3 games this year and I have had 3 hits, 2 walks, and 2 strike outs in 9 at bats. Which in my opinion isn't very good. And all my hits have been like swinging bunts. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It still early, you need to relax and be patient. Some simple things you can do are to move up a little in the box towards the pitcher. Try adjusting your stance a little so that your weight is a little further back on your back leg. I wouldn't try to many changes, just give it a little time.

Thanks for your advice. I already stand as far up in the batters box as I can with out steping out. And these last 2 games we just had I did alittle better but that might have been because it was faster pitching. But i will try what you said. Thanks again

I did what you said and i did better tonight however I struck out once but I almost had a grand slam but it hit the fence and I got a triple out of it. Thanks for the help