Y-coach.com - Forum
RoyalFlush18

Spring 2011 Flag Football Playbook (K-1)

You'll probably recognize a lot of the plays in this book. This board has been very valuable. For your enjoyment.

Looks great, well thought out and you cover the key points.

Just wondering about your running plays are you using motion on most of them or only on the last 2?

If not does it not take time for the play to develop?

Just wondering about your running plays are you using motion on most of them or only on the last 2?

If not does it not take time for the play to develop?

In the playbook only the last 2 have motion. I did not get the Jet Motion Plays installed this season (nor last season). Just not enough time and really not necessary. I have never run them but have had them run against me in previous seasons. They hit very quick and would be fun to run but getting the timing right would take more time than we have.

We work on running all of our plays quickly. All the plays (Blue Rocket for example) in the base series develop very quickly. We work hard (hard for 6,7 year-olds) in practice on getting them to hit quick.

The Pitch series, requires above average players and we just finished putting in the plays (with 1 new addition) this week for the tourney in 2 weeks. These develop a bit more slowly, but you want them to in order to really get the D flowing toward the running back and then hit on the reverse. Once you hand off on the reverse you can have the RB keep and it may open up more space for him on the "sweep" to the right. Since the hand off occurs 2 to 3 yards deep you've got some space to work with (Rush must come from 7 yards and almost always comes from the middle making it more like 10 to 12 yards to get to the hand off point).

We haven't faced a hard rush all season (must start 7 yrds back) if we did, we would just do what we always do, run the dive twice in a row and get it stopped for no gain, then run the end around with a fake to the dive. The key is our QB puts the ball in the belly then pulls it out. Rusher (or Nose Gaurd) usually follows the RB since they've seen it several times. The key then becomes the weakside LB. If he takes a step in toward the RB then we are likely to get a TD. If not then I've got my fastest kids with the ball in space with one defender to beat. I'll take that, if they stop us hats off.

When the above happens I always give credit to the RB letting them know their fake opened up the TD for us.

One more thing, where we ran into trouble last season was against discipline teams who could stay home on the backside. We added the ability to flip the plays this year which allows us to attack both sides of the D and find a weaker or less discipline player to run the End Around @. Defenses have not flipped their players with us so far.