Y-coach.com - Forum
Coach 5150

Youth Baseball Bats

I'm seeking recommendations on bats for my kid. He just turned 10 and used a 28/19.5 bat last year and had great success. He is a very good hitter with both contact and power. I'd like to invest in a bat for the next two years and am stuck between a 28/19.5 & a 29/19.0 bat. One is the Stealth and the other is a Louisville. I'd really like to buy him a 29/19.5, but I can't find one. The one he used last year was one he shared with a friend.

which brands do you recommend?

If you would like an honest answer... it doesnt matter. I hope I do not come across as rude. I am just very to the point.

I would buy the best "deal" save money. Spend the time that you are using looking for a bat and look for drills to improve stamina, endurance, strength, etiquette, things of this nature. Your child will benefit much more and have a better appreciation for the game.

Why would you have him go from a -8.5 to a -9.5 as he got older?

Best bang for the buck and I have seen every bat on the market in action at that level is:

Drum Roll

................................................................................

Louisville TPX Omaha (scandium)

Its a -9.5 and Justbats.com has the 07 models on a two for one sale. They are the same as the 09' model other than color btw.

I would agree with sportbunch. Buy a cheap bat and use the extra money to buy baseballs so you could then take your son to the local park and pitch to him.

My experience from coaching youth baseball and softball for almost 20 season now, the best hitters are not determine by the type of bat they take to the plate but by the amount pitches a parent threw to the child outside of practice.

Good luck with your season.

Brian

http://baseball.youth-athlete.org