Y-coach.com - Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NJCoach59

My New "v" Offense

Hey there Coaches, Im from NJ and i have been developing different plays from various formations when this one just fell into my lap. My head coach decided he wanted something revolutionary and new but didnt seem content with the "Wildcat" or the various Florida Spread packages, but he does like the QB in the shotgun.

I developed this formation to do numerous things to the defense. First the splits of the linemen are a yard to a yard and a half to create running lanes and angle blocks. Then ofcourse the QB is in the shotgun 4-5 yards deep.

There are 2 split ends or "receivers" to each side. A slot receiver or slot back to the right side. Now this is where it gets a little tricky. You line up 2 Backs or inside the guard / tackle hole about 2 and half to 3 yards deep. This creates power and sweep action but also a balanced set.

Tell me what you think Coaches

-------o----------------0--0--X--0--0---------------------o

--------------------------o---------o-----------o-----------

-------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------0-----------------------------

Personally I like it.Remind me of the pro set but you can do so much running and have a nice power running game out of this.Your slot guy and crack down also which should help with tosses/sweeps.

Good luck and let us know how it goes