Y-coach.com - Forum
Sign in to follow this  
abadrs

Casey 2 Pitching Machine

Hey just wanted to let you all know I recently bought a Casey 2 pitching machine. I have to say its a pretty good machine. It does throw close to 60 mph, about 57 actual. I did notice that the next model up the AXIS will throw up to 70 mph. I also noticed they both have the the same motor so I knew the Casey 2 had to be restricted somehow. I first contacted ATEC to ask if there was an option to pick up a little more speed for future use, of course they said no but I could buy the AXIS model for about 500.00 more. I'm a parent not a MLB coach. I located the variable resistor on the circuit board and turned it counter-clockwise. Presto 70-mph pitches. I don't really need that pitch speed now but it will come in handy in a few years. The only thing I don't care for is the ground ball use. The machine puts a back spin on the ball so when you shoot the infield (If its dirt) it kicks dirt up pretty bad and the ball stops pretty quick. But I guess thats to be expected on any single wheel machine. This is just FYI in case anyone was considering purchasing this machine.

As hard as I tried I couldn't find anyone that had one. I looked at one in Dick's sporting goods and it just seemed it was a little cheaper built...but its cheaper in price than the Casey. If you can find a Casey 2 at a good price I would recommend it highly. After using it on my 11-12 year old team I can defenitly tell a big difference in there hitting skill.