Y-coach.com - Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CoachSteve

Camp Opens

We gave out pads last night....I took the scales position last night so I could see the weights and talk to the kids. We are going to be a lot bigger than I thought we would...things are looking bright so far! Can't wait to see the 40 times come in tonight.....I made sure I am holding the stop watch tonight....

While we were talking, I noticed a couple of our players had found a football and were throwing it around on the other side of the field....one kid is new to our team and I about messed my britches when I saw him throw the football.....kid has a laser and a cannon.....QB tryouts are going to be fun!!!

Anyway, it all starts tonight....I wish you all the best of luck and a great season!!!

Steve, we had football camp last week at the local College, the Coaches and players were great with the kids and we got a good look at most of our players. We seem to be most lacking in the O-line this year, we have always been blessed with big athletic linemen but I don't think we have one dominant lineman this year. Oh well, I am looking forward to the challenge.

We have our kick off golf tourney tonight then parent meetings and equipment hand out on wed. and thurs. We start practice on Mon. and have our draft on Fri the 12th I can't wait!!!!

Best of Luck to everyone this season.

Coach Breck,

I bet you are climbing the walls with excitement. I was about to go bonkers yesterday at the office - this was a very long offseason. It was great to be on the field again last night. I really like the look of our team this year.

Our problem in the past has always been size. We just don't get a lot of bigger and stronger kids as they tend to go try out for Jr. High - we have 4 Jr. High programs in our area. What we try to avoid is going toe-to-toe on the line and maximize angles and double teams. When we get into base blocking situations, we try to run quick hitting plays as we are usually able to base block, just not very long so slow developing plays like double reverses and such are just out. Speed and misdirection have been our friends.

Good Luck and have an awesome season!

Steve

I have been in "Football Mode" for a month now and finally the season is upon us. I am excited about changing up some of my blocking techniques and schemes I think it will make us better. The most gut wrenching part is waiting to draft my team. I will be last pick again this year. I will let you know after the 12th how I did.