Y-coach.com - Forum
rer

Offensive Help

I'm coaching an 8 & 9 yr old rocket football team. all of my kids are on the medium to small size.

Is there an offense that is better with smaller linemen?

Ron

I'm coaching an 8 & 9 yr old rocket football team. all of my kids are on the medium to small size.

Is there an offense that is better with smaller linemen?

Ron

Double wing, Single wing, Wing T.

All utilize double teams traps and pulling and multiple blockers at the point of attack.

all of these offenses are very coaching intensive, but by far the best for undersize linemen.

The only other thing would be option football, like the service acadamy's use, and I do not think that there is enough practice time at the youth level to give it justice.

I have run double wing, option, and now Wing T at the youth level and I have faced dozenes of single wing teams all are effective offenses the key ingedient is how effective you are as a coach to get the kids to execute.

double wing has the most support and the most coaches willing to help a guy out. Most of the others you are on your own.

good luck

I coach a 7-8 year old team. We have used the Wishbone the last two seasons and have went 13-1 (the loss coming after our QB broke his arm last season). The offense is simple to teach and you can use dives, powers, bootlegs, misdirection, and passes from it. It's a very flexible offense with alot of possibilities.